Seeding existing files with different names?

Linux specific questions, problems.
cshadow

Seeding existing files with different names?

Post by cshadow »

Hi!
First, great client, I just found my new favourite :)
Saved me a lot of time recently, I had to preallocate space for a torrent with 35000+ files and about 20+ GB, then move in with my existing files, recheck the whole thing and download the differences. Good test for a client. Vuze failed miserably a couple of times despite me changing startup parameters giving it more memory. Deluge claims to have preallocation but only created directory structure (it seems to be preallocating ondemand, it occurs only after it fetches some blocks), transmission has the preallocation option hidden somewhere in config files....then qbittorrent saved the day :)
I'm trying move my torrents from vuze to qbittorrent, the problem is I'm cross seeding some torrents. Different trackers, different file names. In vuze i would start the new torrent in stopped state, select the file, right click-->Rename or retarget and select an existing file somewhere on disk. Recheck and seed.
How to do it in qbittorrent?
I can rename a file, but how to point it to another file with different name (that could already belong to another active torrent)?
Torrents are all multi-file, usually in some directories.