uPNP to Linksys WRT120

Linux specific questions, problems.
Jamieson630

uPNP to Linksys WRT120

Post by Jamieson630 »

qBittorrent is failing to set up port forwarding via uPNP on the Linksys WRT120N router that serves my apartment building. The log didn't tell me it had failed; in fact, it reported that everything was working fine. But the connection light in the status bar remained yellow forever.

I finally ran Miranda and manually set up the port fowarding for TCP and UDP. The router accepted Miranda's requests just fine, and the qBittorrent connection light finally went green.

In an effort to find out exactly why qBittorrent was failing at its uPNP requests, I sniffed the Miranda and qBittorrent requests. Lo and behold, qBittorrent requests are getting kicked back with an HTTP 501 (Not Implemented). There are slight differences in the way the HTTP headers were constructed for the Miranda and qBittorrent requests; I have attached both of them here for review.

qBittorrent v2.8.2 running on Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick). No software firewall running. IPblock is running.

REALITY CHECK: Is there anything else I should do in order for qBittorrent to successfully communicate with the Linksys WRT120N? I don't want to submit a bug report until I'm certain the issue is qBittorrent and not operator headspace. Please let me know if there's something I'm missing, or if this does indeed represent an issue with qBittorrent's uPNP implementation.

Thanks!
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]