Migrating from Transmission to qBittorrent

Linux specific questions, problems.
Davikar

Migrating from Transmission to qBittorrent

Post by Davikar »

I was planning to migrate from Transmission to qBittorrent, but the problem is that I have over 6000 torrents.
Is there any practical way to transfer all those torrents with most of their information intact, especially the save paths and filenames (I have renamed a lot of them).
Lokotito

Re: Migrating from Transmission to qBittorrent

Post by Lokotito »

I use Transmission-daemon for at last 3 yeras in the past in my linux seedbox. The main reason that I drop this app was for remote web-ui interface isn't very nice, I download +50 or more torrent at once and I could not recognize graphically (by colors) the torrents downloaded and uploaded, was a mess to identify the correct one by one and delete it from download list. And the developers never update this "feature" for linux.

Also have many troubles with deluge, this software can't resume the unfinished torrents. Also the feature to "select" only some files in one torret was a painful (even chosing FULL ALLOCATION and adding torrents after that), some files didn't download all pieces but the status GUI shows 100%. NEVER USE THIS ALTERNATIVE.

After that I use qbitorrent, and I'm happy with my decision.
The best way to migrate my torrents (more or less +100), was to finish all pending torrents (just in case). Later you have two choises, if you uses "monitored folder" and have a backup for your .torrents files you can copy this .torrent to QBT; if you don't have this backups, or you have some torrents from magnet links (like me), you must chose one by one and copy MAGNETS LINKS.
I dind't find a way to automate copy all magnets links, so this take some time.

I belive for 6000 .torrents this will be a mess, hope you can satisfactorily migrate to QBT.

Best regards.
Last edited by Lokotito on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="Davikar"]
I was planning to migrate from Transmission to qBittorrent, but the problem is that I have over 6000 torrents.
Is there any practical way to transfer all those torrents with most of their information intact, especially the save paths and filenames (I have renamed a lot of them).
[/quote]
Is the problem still relevant?
Davikar

Post by Davikar »

Not really. I gave up on migrating to qBT.
I tried loading all torrents into qBT without starting them, just to test how it would handle it. But the Web UI got so slow with that many torrents that it was unusable.
peaveyman

Post by peaveyman »

There is no way you can do all 6000 at once. I am playing around with doing the same thing myself. What I did was add a watch folder and tell QB to add all torrents in a paused state. You can then go thru one or a few at a time and start them. With my setup I rename all the music stuff to a certain format and I have do this one at a time. For TV or Movies it's a matter of telling QB where to save it.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

[quote="Albertsuirm"]
Is there a way to install openoffice writer from yum? Can I add some repository then do that?
[/quote]

Well, not sure how this is even related to the topic, but... which distribution are you using?