Not grasping automatically adding torrents

Linux specific questions, problems.
kanth

Not grasping automatically adding torrents

Post by kanth »

Ubuntu 16.04, Qbittorrent 3.3.1

Just moving here from years and years of using vuze, and aria2c before that.
I am not quite grasping how the Automatically Add Torrents section works.

I have put into it a directory which I put .torrent files into:  (The Watched Folder) definition.
I have Download Here, unchecked. My understanding is that this means it uses whatever is normally defined as the download locations.

Hours after I have put a .torrent file into the watched folder. Nothing has happened.

My expectation would be that the .torrent file would get picked up, copied to the backup directory. The file would start downloading to whatever the payload directory is, etc. But I see nothing occur.. as if it is not watching the directory at all.

Am I confused onto how this is used?

Note: Upgraded to 4.0.4  -- No change.
Last edited by kanth on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
MPW

Re: Not grasping automatically adding torrents

Post by MPW »

Hello,

you can add watched folders in the options in the web-ui. You wrote something of ”unchecked“, I didn't understand that part. Of course the option needs to be checked on. It works for me.

You might consider upgrading qbittorrent to 4.x via the repository.

Regards,
Matthias
gregorywest

Post by gregorywest »

I am having a similar problem.  I set the watching directory.  Click on the box for download.  Do a SAVE, wait a little bit nothing happens.  I go back into setup, and see the watch directory is missing, or never got saved.

I have tried numerous times to save a watch directory, nothing seems to work.  What am I doing wrong?
JCdaMan

Post by JCdaMan »

Having the same problem.  Note running qbittorrent in a docker container.    Has anyone figured this out?????
naturalborngriller

Post by naturalborngriller »

Pretty sure you have to click the button beside the watch dir field (so another watch dir field pops up) for it to work. Kind of like an 'apply' so to speak... works for me in 3.x version