Ubuntu qBittorrent-nox + Web GUI won't start downloads

Linux specific questions, problems.
lord_emperor

Ubuntu qBittorrent-nox + Web GUI won't start downloads

Post by lord_emperor »

Running Ubuntu server 16.04, qbittorrent and qbittorrent-nox installed via apt. I run qbittorrent-nox on startup with a cron job, or manually.

It was working and happily downloading torrents prior to the holidays. Now, I can add torrents through the web GUI but they don't start.

I can manage existing torrents in the web GUI, which I jsut verified by deleting a torrent as a well as the files on disk, which were deleted.

I followed the advice I found here to enable logs, but am not getting any log files.

[Application]
FileLogger\Enabled=true
FileLogger\Age=6
FileLogger\DeleteOld=true
FileLogger\Backup=true
FileLogger\AgeType=0
FileLogger\Path=~/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/
FileLogger\MaxSize=10

Sorry for the sparse info but I'm not sure where to start with this.

Screencap of non-starting torrents: https://i.imgur.com/ljO8hfW.png
Last edited by lord_emperor on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xbbdc

Re: Ubuntu qBittorrent-nox + Web GUI won't start downloads

Post by xbbdc »

I'm having the same issue. Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS and qb 4.1.5, however it does find seeds/peers, tries to download and fails. I use PIA and nothing's changed. I also run on qb 4.1.4 on Win10 and can download no problem, also using PIA, both use same exact settings.
Malevolence

Post by Malevolence »

Having this same issue. Everything is working as expected on my Win 10 client, but none of the torrents will get past downloading metadata or if they do, they immediately go into a Stalled status and just hang there.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Does qBitTorrent's logger window give any clues?
xbbdc

Post by xbbdc »

[quote="Switeck"]
Does qBitTorrent's logger window give any clues?
[/quote]

Idk how to start the logger... I've downgraded QB to 4.0.3. and still fails on downloads. Upgraded back to 4.1.5 and still fails. Win10 4.14 client still works no problem.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

I meant the Execution Log window/tab in qBitTorrent...which I assume also exists even under Linux versions of qBitTorrent.
You may have to select at the top of qBT's window under VIEW, Log, (check) Show...and check the other options with it.
xbbdc

Post by xbbdc »

[quote="Switeck"]
I meant the Execution Log window/tab in qBitTorrent...which I assume also exists even under Linux versions of qBitTorrent.
You may have to select at the top of qBT's window under VIEW, Log, (check) Show...and check the other options with it.
[/quote]

that does not exist with the nox version, there is a special way to start the logger.
xbbdc

Post by xbbdc »

i uninstalled qb nox version and installed normal qb version and its working now, not sure what's wrong with nox version.
rrrevin

Post by rrrevin »

Same here.
Ubuntu 16.04
qbittorrent 4.1.15

Runs fine for a day or two, then any newly added torrents snever start. They get added, but never start. The only fix for me is to restart the service. I've now added a nightly cron job to restart it.

How can we enable debug run logs to help the devs? I can't find them on my system.

Edit: I've enabled logging as per https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/6033. Hope this catches the issue.
Last edited by rrrevin on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lord_emperor

Post by lord_emperor »

I too enabled logging and don't get any log files.

Code: Select all

FileLogger\Enabled=true
FileLogger\Age=2
FileLogger\DeleteOld=true
FileLogger\Backup=true
FileLogger\AgeType=1
FileLogger\Path=~/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/
FileLogger\MaxSize=10

Code: Select all

ls ~/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/
BT_backup
BT_backup contains a bunch of torrent files, nothing that looks like a log.
Last edited by lord_emperor on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xbbdc

Post by xbbdc »

I figured out what my issue was after reading this thread -- https://www.reddit.com/r/qBittorrent/co ... g_anymore/

Turns out my issue was with permissions on my temp folder. Once I gave permissions to qbtuser, downloads are working again!