Not recognizing my hard drives.

Linux specific questions, problems.
an0nymouse

Not recognizing my hard drives.

Post by an0nymouse »

I recently switched from Windows to Linux for my media PC. Loving it so far other than the issue i am having with my beloved qBittorrent.

qBittorent installs and works with one major (to me) issue. It does not recognize my internal Data drive or my external USB drive. I can only download torrents to my operating system SSD drive. When i try to change the download path there is no option to select either of my data drives.

I am currently running Pop! OS, but i have tried several distros and qBittorent has this exact issue for me in all of them.

I have also tried Ktorrent and Deluge and both have this issue as well.

However, Transmission client works perfectly. I can change the download path to either of my data drives if i wish.

I would really prefer to use qBittorent if possible.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue before and solved it?
Attachments
Mount Options.png
Mount Options.png (36.76 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
Harddrive Properties.png
Harddrive Properties.png (38.74 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
chiwano78

Re: Not recognizing my hard drives.

Post by chiwano78 »

Hello, I have the same issue. I'd like to choose my external hard drive rather than my SSD to save my data, but I'm not able to choose another drive, it doesn't even appears in the explorer. Maybe it has something to do with app privileges or somewhat?
Please can someone help us? :(

[EDIT]:
I found why!! I've previously installed the app from the ubuntu store... Now I've uninstall it, and re-install from the official PPA (found on the main site) and it works!! I can choose any directory I want!
Just follow instructions:
https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php
To use these PPAs please use the following command and make sure your version is supported:

# qBittorrent Stable
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable

Then install qBittorrent by doing this:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
Last edited by chiwano78 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Not recognizing my hard drives.

Post by Peter »

Ah yeah Ubuntu 20.04 sucks big time... they forced "snap" packages on people even though many of them just barely works.
I like the idea of 'snap', but it's not a one-size-fits-all solution - yet they are trying to use it as such.