Sporadic input/output errors

Linux specific questions, problems.
tvcollector

Sporadic input/output errors

Post by tvcollector »

Hi all,

I'm running 4.2.3 in Docker on a Synology NAS. Most of the time it works, but I get a lot of torrents going to 'errored' status repeatedly. If I force-resume, they start, download at 5mb/s for a few minutes, then go to 'errored' again.

Checking the logs, I'm seeing a lot of this:

Code: Select all

cp: error writing '/tvdownloads/Crossing.Lines.S01.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE[rartv]/crossing.lines.s01e04.1080p.bluray.x264-cinefile.mkv': Input/output error
cp: error writing '/tvdownloads/Better.Call.Saul.S05E09.1080p.WEB.H264-XLF[rarbg]/better.call.saul.s05e09.1080p.web.h264-xlf.mkv': Input/output error
cp: error writing '/filmdownloads/Gone.With.The.Wind.1939.1080p.BluRay.x265-RARBG/Gone.With.The.Wind.1939.1080p.BluRay.x265-RARBG.mp4': Input/output error

However, I'm not sure if the log lines above are flagging up a file read/write issue in my completion script, and so may be a red-herring.

The weird thing is, this doesn't happen all the time. If I keep pushing 'force resume' eventually torrents complete. And some download fine without any issues at all.

Any ideas of the issue? And what's the best way to troubleshoot? Thanks!