using the qBittorrent remote app to a computer with VPN connetion

Linux specific questions, problems.
superjman4

using the qBittorrent remote app to a computer with VPN connetion

Post by superjman4 »

Can someone walk me threw how to setup qBittorrent Webui Remote behind a VPN connection ?

in particular i would like the setup or use the qBittorrent app on android to my torrent machine which is behind a VPN (NORD VPN) using MX Linux to be exact. . Could it be possible for someone to walk me thrus how to setup the connection with the VPN running? I am able to connect with the VPN off fine so i know the basics but im a little new to setting it up behind the VPN connection.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: using the qBittorrent remote app to a computer with VPN connetion

Post by Peter »

You can ONLY use the WebUI behind a VPN IF the VPN supports port forwarding.
NordVPN does NOT offer port forwarding.
https://support.nordvpn.com/FAQ/1047408 ... unately%2C at the current moment,be implemented in the future.

So this will not work. :-/
milewheeler

Post by milewheeler »

superjman4 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:33 pm Can someone walk me threw how to setup qBittorrent Webui Remote behind a VPN connection ?

in particular i would like the setup or use the qBittorrent app on android to my torrent machine which is behind a VPN (NORD VPN) using MX Linux to be exact. . Could it be possible for someone to walk me thrus how to setup the connection with the VPN running? I am able to connect with the VPN off fine so i know the basics but im a little new to setting it up behind the VPN connection.
As far As i think qbittorrent or any other torrent versions are banned on net I think or may be I am totally wrong so I think there is no way to setup this software.
Natasha78

Post by Natasha78 »

hello everyone,
The qBittorrent remote app is a useful tool for managing downloads on a computer with a VPN connection. With this app, you can easily access and control your torrents from your mobile device, without compromising your privacy or security. It's a must-have for anyone who uses a VPN while torrenting.Fm Whatsapp download