qbt debug mode on LInux?

Linux specific questions, problems.
postcd

qbt debug mode on LInux?

Post by postcd »

Qbt developers not yet created any config. file that would allow user to bulk change paths so people have issues migrating from Windows to Linux.
Now my problem is that after adding windows fastresume files qbt launching like a minute and then disappear. Is there any debug mode that can tell where the problem is? I tried to launch it from comand line, but that shows no errors indicating issue.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qbt debug mode on LInux?

Post by Peter »

1) There is an Execution Log in qBittorrent itself that you can enable to see what's going on. That might already tell you the issue.
2) You have to install the debug version, or compile a debug version on Linux. Some distributions have the debug version available in their repo, on some you have to compile it yourself. It's really not that big of a deal, its' just a ./configure switch.
postcd

Re: qbt debug mode on LInux?

Post by postcd »

Built-in debug logging would be much better than building some separate version of the app. Also not everyone knows how to build on Linux.
But i understand it may not be possible or may be very hard to make the app do debug logging built-in.