umask

Linux specific questions, problems.
kaskade

umask

Post by kaskade »

Hi, folks !

I'd need to change the umask that qbittorrent use to store downloads.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanx a lot in advance !!
loki

Re: umask

Post by loki »

Not sure, can you specify umask as an option to command line?

It's not recommended to run it (or anything unnecessarily) as root if that was the underlying question.
kaskade

Post by kaskade »

[quote="loki"]
Not sure, can you specify umask as an option to command line?

It's not recommended to run it (or anything unnecessarily) as root if that was the underlying question.
[/quote]

OK, i'll have a look :)

Not r00t :) it's a seedbox :)

I have different users for running qbittorrent and for downloading what's already downloaded via qbittorrent to local pcs via FTP. So i need some specific mask for allowing FTP user to delete files once downloaded to it's local PC. Just modify the 022 to, for example 007. Only the user who runs qbittorrent ( and who own the files downloaded via qbittorrent ) and the user who download these files to it's local PC can access this directory and it's files :)

I can have a look at command line arguments to see if something fits :)

Thanx a lot !!
eddie4

Post by eddie4 »

Did you ever find an solution for your problem kaskade?

I have the same issue
Last edited by eddie4 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MPW

Post by MPW »

As far as I know, qbittorrent stores the files with the owner of it's daemon. You can change that in the init-Skript.

And the umask is something with has nothing to do with a process, but with the folder. So you set it for the download folder..
eddie4

Post by eddie4 »

[quote="MPW"]
As far as I know, qbittorrent stores the files with the owner of it's daemon. You can change that in the init-Skript.

And the umask is something with has nothing to do with a process, but with the folder. So you set it for the download folder..
[/quote]

Well I wanted guest write access, the parent directory has this setup but the downloaded directory doesn't inherent. But I solved it by using samba force user on the share
Last edited by eddie4 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.