[Closed] qBittorrent-nox torrents randomly "errored"

Linux specific questions, problems.
seanmcg182

[Closed] qBittorrent-nox torrents randomly "errored"

Post by seanmcg182 »

I'm pretty new to Linux in general.
I do not know where to find log files for this.
Cannot find setting in web-ui to enable logs or grab them.

System is a VM with 4 CPU Cores and 2 GB of RAM, running Linux Ubuntu Server 20.04
The only program installed is qBittorrent-Nox and a few tools such as ifconfig and nfs-common

has been operating fine for the last 3-4 weeks since I set it up, downloading over 2TB of data...
Yesterday and this morning however, torrents have been randomly showing "errored"
I would check the logs... but I have no idea where to find them, and can't find a helpful answer on any other forum post about nox logs.

Probably Related, but after a torrent errors (usually multiple times) the file progress gets to 99.9%, then stalls.
If I do a force recheck, it then just shows as 100% and seeding, without ever going back to the download stage.

Any tips or advice?
As I said, its just a dedicated qbittorrent VM.... worst case I reinitialize the VM, no harm, but for future troubleshooting, might be helpful.
Last edited by seanmcg182 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qBittorrent-nox torrents randomly "errored"

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

running nox on a headless server I guess you setup the systemd service ? (running as a service so).
You may have some room in the systemd service https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... -or-newer)

Stated in this link:

Logging
qBittorrent will still log most interesting stuff to its usual logging directory. In this example, this would be /home/qbtuser/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/logs/.
However, some output can probably still be viewed with:
sudo journalctl -u qbittorrent.service
For more information on how to use and customize systemd logging, refer to its documentation.
seanmcg182

Re: qBittorrent-nox torrents randomly "errored"

Post by seanmcg182 »

unseen19 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:45 am Hi,

running nox on a headless server I guess you setup the systemd service ? (running as a service so).
You may have some room in the systemd service https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... -or-newer)

Stated in this link:

Logging
qBittorrent will still log most interesting stuff to its usual logging directory. In this example, this would be /home/qbtuser/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/logs/.
However, some output can probably still be viewed with:
sudo journalctl -u qbittorrent.service
For more information on how to use and customize systemd logging, refer to its documentation.
Yes it is running as a systemd service.
And I did find the log.
Although the actual path ended up being: /home/qbtuser/.local/share/qBittorrent/logs/
no 'data' directory.

Anyways, found out my "error" was an "input/output error".
Not sure what exactly the issue is, but it points at my NAS.... So I don't think this is an issue with qBittorrent, So I will be marking problem as closed.

Thank you