qBT 4.1.5 freezes on startup, only unfreezes when disconnected from internet

Linux specific questions, problems.
unacaguamaporfavor

qBT 4.1.5 freezes on startup, only unfreezes when disconnected from internet

Post by unacaguamaporfavor »

qBittorrent 4.1.5 (current stable version) - Raspbian OS

This weird thing started happening a couple weeks ago and hasn't stopped. Every time I start qBT, it works and starts download/seeding for like 20 seconds and then completely freezes. I can't use any of its functionalities, click on any menus, torrents, etc. It's just completely frozen and if I minimize it it won't come back to life unless I kill the process and open it again. The rest of the OS works perfectly.

First I tried checking if it had something to do with my external HDD, did all the checks and everything was fine. Then, for some reason I don't remember, I tried turning off the WiFi and it started working again. Enabled the Wifi, stopped working. Disabled, started working. And so on.

Also, when I try connecting through the web ui, I get this "blank" screen, which means it connects to my qBT client but apparently can't fetch any info.

If anyone can think of a solution to my problem, I'll be forever grateful.

Also if you need more info just let me know and I'll try to provide it.
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qBT 4.1.5 freezes on startup, only unfreezes when disconnected from internet

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

considering the wifi is not your primary interface what if in the setting you bind QBT to your lan interface only?
(possibly in the option, instead of any)
unacaguamaporfavor

Re: qBT 4.1.5 freezes on startup, only unfreezes when disconnected from internet

Post by unacaguamaporfavor »

unseen19 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:56 pm Hi,

considering the wifi is not your primary interface what if in the setting you bind QBT to your lan interface only?
(possibly in the option, instead of any)
It actually is my primary interface, sadly, as I can't reach my pi with an ethernet cable.
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Post by unseen19 »

Not possible to hook it for a test on a cable? If the issue is so gone the troubleshooting may be easier (wifi driver, mode, or else)