cannot log in via url

Linux specific questions, problems.
drspastic

cannot log in via url

Post by drspastic »

hi, this exact problem does not seem to be discussed previously.

i have a small website with my own domain and static ip where i make accessible torrent downloading. i set up qbittorrent and transmission.

i am having an issue with qbittorrent web ui not accepting username and password via my domain link. it works just fine if i type the ip:port.

to be more exact, i do get the ui from my domain but only the login screen. logging in returns me to that screen.

my dns records are set up as a url redirect, just the same as transmission, and i tried masked and unmasked to no avail.

any ideas about whats happening here? im pretty sure it was working in the past but i have been making lots of little changes on my site.

qbittorrent is set to accept all ip4 and ip6 addresses, os is debian, domain is managed from namecheap.

the only way i can make it work is to link directly to my server ip, but i rather not expose my ip that blatantly.

edit: forgot to say that the torrent webuis both have their own subdomains ie: torrent.website.com and the redirect is to ip:port masked.