External command not working

Linux specific questions, problems.
Overlord73978

External command not working

Post by Overlord73978 »

Well, I didn't get any response on my other question, but I'll try again.

I have a python script that I've set to run on torrent completion:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/python /home/flexget/qbit_torrent_complete.py %I '%N' '%D'
The qbit log says
(N) 2021-10-09T12:01:52 - Torrent: <torrent name>, running external program, command: /usr/bin/python /home/flexget/qbit_torrent_complete.py 3c1847e3c0640acbd8f1cfc1e02f17a27fb846e8 '<Torrent Name>' '<save path>'
But the script does not run. If I copy that command and paste it to the command line, it works perfectly.

I'm not getting any errors. The command is formed properly by Qbit, it just doesn't seem to be executing. I saw some other issues and tried

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/python /home/flexget/qbit_torrent_complete.py %I '%N' '%D'
And variations thereof to run a bash shell fist, and that didn't work either.

Anyone have any ideas?
Overlord73978

Re: External command not working

Post by Overlord73978 »

For those who stumble on this issue in the future, the problem for me was that I was counting on group permissions, and apparently qbit doesn't work with those, or is in running as some other group than what qbtuser is in or something. Once I changed ownership of the directory and the script, it started working. The other program run from that directory is more forgiving so it works out ok. SO, check your permissions folks, it's gotta be owned by your qbit user