Qbittorrent tracker

Linux specific questions, problems.
kirygnc

Qbittorrent tracker

Post by kirygnc »

I have a question:

uTorrent have a function to transform the utorrent client into a tracker, and u can share torrents with friends by adding in tracker field "http://yourip:yourport/announce/
Is there any posibility to transform my ubuntu pc into a auto tracker with qbittorrent?
christophe.dumez

Re: Qbittorrent tracker

Post by christophe.dumez »

No, this is not supported yet but this is an excellent idea of improvement. I will look into it.
kirygnc

Post by kirygnc »

Thank you for your fast reply. :)
Have u got any idea if its hard to implement this function?
I would really need this feature :-s
christophe.dumez

It is difficult to day but it shouldn't be too hard since we already have an HTTP server implemented in qBittorrent (For the Web UI).

However, what is sure is that I have very little free time at the moment... I will try to have a look at this feature over the week end though.
kirygnc

Post by kirygnc »

Ok, i will wait for your updates :P
christophe.dumez

I have just implemented this in SVN/trunk (future v2.5.0).

Are you able to compile from SVN to test? I tested on my LAN and it worked great ^^
christophe.dumez

kirygnc

Post by kirygnc »

Wow, thats really fast, and thankx that u didnt forget me.
Unfortune, i cant compile :( because i am really newbie into linux OS.
I will try to compile it, but if u manage to share a binary package meanwhile i would even more happier :)
kirygnc

Post by kirygnc »

I`ve tried many hours to compile it..i followed the steps from wiki documentation but i still couldnt be able to finish a proper install.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Could you post the build logs or anything detailed information about where did it fail? That way we can (anyone on the forum) can help you through the proccess.
kirygnc

Post by kirygnc »

It was something about permissions, but i used "sudo make install".
Thank right click on desktop, create launcher > browse the new compiled qbittorrent file > than i could laucnh it.
Now i am testing.
kirygnc

Post by kirygnc »

Tried many combinations but after i create the torrent, while it should start seeding, it shows only " Stalled".
I tried to use tracker port : 9000 / 51999
I used incoming port : 9000 / 6881 / 51999
Its curious, coz many times the tracker show "Working" status, but in same time it shows "stalled" instead of seeding.

What settings are you using guys? :-s
christophe.dumez

You get a "stalled" status and the progress is different than 100%?

This has nothing to do with the tracker BTW. It merely means that qBittorrent was not able to find the local files you are trying to seed...
Have you checked the box "Start seeding after creation" box in the torrent creator?

If you are not using this, please make sure that the torrent save path actually point to the location where you files are located.
kirygnc

Post by kirygnc »

Progress bar 0.0% all the time ( "stalled" status )
I will keep trying to figure the problem.
And yes, i checked the seed after create box.
brb.

L.E: Still "stalled" status and 0% progress bar.

L.E.2: still "stalled" status, 0% progress. I will wait for the 2.5.0 stable version :-s

Cheerz
christophe.dumez

If you checked the box and you still get a stalled message then it looks like a bug. I'll look into it.