Auto added trackers all in one group?

Other platforms, generic questions.
outhud

Auto added trackers all in one group?

Post by outhud »

I have a list of common public trackers I want to add to every torrent automatically.

I skip a line between each tracker when I add them Preferences -> Bittorrent.

But when I add a torrent, only the first one is contacted, the rest say Not Contacted Yet, because they were all added as one group.

Confirmed by going to Edit Trackers on the torrent, and there is no skipped line between them.

Is it a bug? How can I ensure they are added with a line skip between each one?
outhud

Re: Auto added trackers all in one group?

Post by outhud »

Can anyone else reproduce this?

The steps are:

- Copy a list of trackers (a blank link separating each one), eg from here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ngosa ... rs_all.txt

- In qBittorrent, go to Tools, Preferences, BitTorrent, select "Automatically add these trackers to new downloads" and paste in the list. Click OK.

- Add a new torrent (without any external trackers already included), like this legal hash of a Ubuntu ISO: File-> Add Torrent Link, and paste this in: 9fc20b9e98ea98b4a35e6223041a5ef94ea27809

- Right click the torrent, go to Edit Trackers. The trackers are there, but without a blank line between each one. (this seems like a bug to me)

- Then close that window and click on "Trackers" at the bottom of the qBittorrent window, and select the torrent from the list. The full list of trackers should be there, but only the first one is contacted, the rest are 'Not contacted yet'. (This is the consequence of there being no blank lines separating them in the trackers list of this torrent).

- If you go back to edit trackers and add a blank line between the first few trackers, you should see that those ones are then contacted. I think this is how it should be by default if blank lines are in the original list of Auto add trackers added in Preferences.

(Of course it could be that this 'bug' is having a positive effect on tracker load by removing unnecessary requests to dozens of trackers)
Last edited by outhud on Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
airbit

Re: Auto added trackers all in one group?

Post by airbit »

Go to options > Advanced and enable the following.

Always announce to all trackers in a tier
Always announce to all tiers

hope that helps