Where to report translation issues with my language?

Other platforms, generic questions.
piano

Where to report translation issues with my language?

Post by piano »

Hi, new qbittorrent user here.

I'm from Italy. I think qbittorrent is a great project. But I found some little issues with the translation in my language (Italian). For now 3 issues:

1) The word "tracker" in current qbittorrent italian translation is translated as "Server traccia" (for english speaking people: 'server traccia' means literally 'a server that tracks'. Although the translation is not so wrong in itself, that's not right, the term should remain as "tracker" and the reason is just... Some technical and/or very specific terms should not be translated at all! To make you understand, it is as if one wanted to translate the italian word "pizza" with something like: "rustic cake mixed with flour and water, sprinkled with mozzarella and tomatoes". It would not be very good, right?). In fact, all the other torrent software don't translate 'tracker' in the italian translation. So, in the same way the words 'seed' and 'peer' remain correctly untranslated, the same thing should apply for the 'tracker' word too.

2) The term "peer" remains correctly untranslated in the columns of the torrents list. That's right. But then it is translated as "Nodi" in the button below the list! It should remain as "Peers" exactly for the same reason of the previous point and for the same reason it correctly remains untranslated as "peer" in the relative column of the torrents list.

3) In the log, english version, you can see something like:

(N) 2021-06-12T11:25:24 - 'title_of_torrent_here' restored.

In the italian translation, the word "restored" is wrongly translated with "riparato". Riparato means literally "repaired"... That was very misleading to me, because from the translated log I thought my torrent files were all damaged and so qbittorrent "repaired" them... If this is not the case, then the right italian word for 'restored' should be "ripristinato".

P.S.: sorry if this is not the right place to report translation issues. Is there a platform where I can fix the translation myself?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where to report translation issues with my language?

Post by Peter »

piano wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:44 am ...
P.S.: sorry if this is not the right place to report translation issues. Is there a platform where I can fix the translation myself?
Hiya!

You can fix translation issues (or contact main translator) over Transifex: https://www.transifex.com/sledgehammer999/qbittorrent/