Add torrents En Masse

Other platforms, generic questions.
FlacMonkey

Add torrents En Masse

Post by FlacMonkey »

Hi everyone,

One function I love and miss in most bittorrent clients including qbit is the possibility to "mass add" many torrents simulatneously. For instance an "add a folder" function would add all torrent files contained within a folder and save the data to the same target location. Ideally, when clicking an add folder button, the user is first asked what folder (containing torrent files) to add, then where to save all the data of those torrents (what target folder to choose). Of course, the torrents added should be in a paused state. Once added, the user can perform a force recheck and start seeding those fully rechecked and decide what to do with those that fail rechecking.

When someone uses several private trackers it can be quite a pain to manually add several hundreds of torrents to various folders. An easy and reliable way to add many torrents to specific folders with little risk of screwing anything up would be fabulous and very useful feature :)

Any thoughts?

Cheerio!
nevernow

Re: Add torrents En Masse

Post by nevernow »

I think qB is fairly advanced in this respect, but its features are often somehow hidden...

You can use the "watch folder" option. As soon as a .torrent file is added to that folder, the torrent will be added to qB (in the default download location on your disk drive).
You can also set up multiple watched folders and enable the "also download here" function. This way you can better organize your downloads on the disk instead of having to move stuff around after it's downloaded/seeded.

Let me know if I have explained myself decently.
FlacMonkey

Post by FlacMonkey »

I have tried this feature before at great cost, I had lots of data already downloaded, when trying to use the watch folder feature it re-downloaded everything over the existing files (no recheck), or everything into the folder containing the torrents, depending how I tried (I made various tests). I find the interface quite clumsy with that function. It's impossible to specify which folder to download the data to, there is only a "download here" tick box. This could be a fantastic and powerful feature if it was a bit more clearly configurable and would let the user choose how to add torrents per folder (paused, not paused, with force recheck or not, etc).

Regardless that watch folder function, a manual "add folder" sort of thing would be very useful I think.
nevernow

Post by nevernow »

The "download here" function is not ideal but works reasonably. Ideally I would like to have

/home/user/torrents/movies

whose torrents are downloaded to

/movies

but at least I can download my torrent files to /movies and the torrent data will end up there, while the .torrent file will be removed so it won't clutter the directory.

I agree the whole automation subsytem could be improved and made more configurable, I probably just don't usually need to add hundreds ( :shock: ) of torrents to qB at once.