Translations on Transifex

Other platforms, generic questions.
Dayman

Re: Translations on Transifex

Post by Dayman »

I can definitely say that pootle doesn't trim spaces and highlights 'em. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fpycr6g0k2pm ... e_demo.png

Unfortunately this is an old version. I'll try to set up the latest one on my router for a closer look.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

PS: Sorry I didn't report the bug yet. I am busy these days. If you find time, report it and link it here.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
PS: Sorry I didn't report the bug yet. I am busy these days. If you find time, report it and link it here.
[/quote]

By the way, are there any plugins in admin section (if there is one) on trasifex?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Dayman"]
[/quote]

By the way, are there any plugins in admin section (if there is one) on trasifex?
[/quote]

Nope.

By the way, after doing some testing on the online platform:
1. The downloaded .ts file for a locale preserves the spaces in the source strings.
2. If one inputs a leading/trailing space it is also preserved in the .ts file
3. The problem seems to be that the online editor doesn't highlight(or indicate) these leading/trailing spaces.

Dayman, am I correct?

What I propose:
1. Make a bug report for the online editor
2. Make an announcement in the project that will tell the translators not to use the online editor.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

[quote="Dayman"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope.
[/quote]

That sucks. That will make two bugreports: one for not trimming spaces and one for highlighting.

1. The downloaded .ts file for a locale preserves the spaces in the source strings.
3. The problem seems to be that the online editor doesn't highlight(or indicate) these leading/trailing spaces.

Dayman, am I correct?
[/quote]
That's half the problem, editor trims leading and trailing spaces.

Dayman, am I correct?

What I propose:
2. Make an announcement in the project that will tell the translators not to use the online editor.
[/quote]

I'll ask at http://support.transifex.com/ first, 'cause I'm not sure if they run unmodified github version or perhaps an older one.

As a temporal solution we can remove spaces out of tr(). https://github.com/Gelmir/qBittorrent/c ... 35b705b7e5
Last edited by Dayman on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Dayman"]
[quote="Dayman"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope.
[/quote]

That sucks. That will make two bugreports: one for not trimming spaces and one for highlighting.

Dayman, am I correct?
[/quote]
That's half the problem, editor trims leading and trailing spaces.

Dayman, am I correct?

What I propose:
[/quote]

I'll ask at http://support.transifex.com/ first, 'cause I'm not sure if they run unmodified github version or perhaps an older one.

As a temporal solution we can remove spaces out of tr(). https://github.com/Gelmir/qBittorrent/c ... 35b705b7e5
[/quote]

Only those strings are affected? I thought there were many more. Anyway, make a placeholder pull request. If we need to do a release and there isn't a fix in Transifex, I might merge it.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I promised to work on the translations, and I didn't forget.
How are things looking on this front? Did they reply? How do we translate at the moment?
soldatovaua

Post by soldatovaua »

The latest version of qBittorrent 3.3.1 Not all places have translated into another language (eg Russian).
I updated the translation into Russian in Transifex, I download it from the site, save it in a format .qm using Qt Linguist.
However qBittorrent does not see the corrected translation.
When do you plan to include a corrected translation of the new version of qBittorrent?
Thank you in advance!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

If there is an Administrator on the Transifex page for Russian, he will have to approve your contributions.
(I also take some time to approve the new Hungarian strings .. because most of the times I have to sit there for hours to filter/fix them.)
adriantc

Post by adriantc »

Does anyone still approve joining requests on Transifex? My language (Romanian) is fairly complete, but I would like to finish it and correct a few things. Thanks!

OK. I have been accepted as a review, however I cannot edit some fields. I get the following error:

Error: The resource of this source string is not accepting translations.

Which is weird because I see other languages are 100% ready.
Last edited by adriantc on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
fusk

Post by fusk »

sledgehammer_999
Would it be possible to update the about/translators list under the Danish section? I'm just thinking there's one guy mentioned that i have never seen on transifex, might be from before that as i remember that when i joined the team 3 years & 4 months ago i was the only member (besides sledgehammer who had done some google translations) and was so for a long, long time. Just thought that some of the people who have worked on it for the past year might appreciate being mentioned in the translator section.
Last edited by fusk on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrgoPitic

Post by GrgoPitic »

Hello,
I have been trying to translate [glow=red,2,300]Slovak[/glow] for a long time, but no one has ever added me. If you can ask me to add to the [glow=red,2,300]Slovak language[/glow] as no one translates anymore and I would like to translate it and we have more to translate it. Thanks in advance for adding.
damnit

Post by damnit »

I think my last post got deleted, I'll try this topic then.

Could you please include Latgalian translation in the next update? Please!

I worked really hard on it, have completed about 60% total, but it sure does cover for the most users.

Progress:

It's a hard one, this could really help me to find and fix the context errors, and hopefully attract some new guys who could help me finish the translation.

Cheers.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

It wasn't deleted, but we had a minor rollback in SQL. A small count of posts have went MIA.
/off
damnit

Post by damnit »

I would really love to see my translation with the next update.

Come on, someone. I've done more than enough.