IP Filtering: Append or Replaced?

Other platforms, generic questions.
qbuser

IP Filtering: Append or Replaced?

Post by qbuser »

I have a question about the IP Filtering function of qBittorrent.

When one uses the "Reload the filter" button, does the IP block list get replaced or appended?

For example: if I:
  1. point the filter to a Bluetack level 1 blocklist file, then press then "Reload the filter" button
  2. then point the filter to a Bluetack level 2 blocklist file, then press then "Reload the filter" button
will the qBittorrent IP blocklist be composed of
  1. just the Bluetack level 1 blocklist file, or
  2. the Bluetack level 1 blocklist file and the appended Bluetack level 2 blocklist file?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
loki

Re: IP Filtering: Append or Replaced?

Post by loki »

Pretty sure it replaces it, however you could load the files locally and combine them together, then point it to the resulting file.
qbuser

Post by qbuser »

Loki said "however you could load the files locally and combine them together, then point it to the resulting file."

I have been doing that, mostly because manually loading 26 separate blocklists every time I update the IP Filter is more hassle than I am willing to tolerate; and, I was not sure about the answer to my question stated at the beginning of this thread.

Thank you Loki for your reply.    :)
catwoman68

Post by catwoman68 »

Personally if I'm going to use blocklists, I prefer to use a separate application than my BitTorrent client, which also enables me to use these lists outside of the client :)

For windows there is PeerGuardian or PeerBlock (I switched to using Linux 8 Years ago, so don't know if these are still updated), or for Linux you can use Firestarter to whitelist/Blacklist or ipblock.
loki

Post by loki »

I was gonna say peerblock too, it updates the list from link, and automatically combines them for you.