qBittorrent Controller for Android

Other platforms, generic questions.
Seedthis

Re: qBittorrent Client for Android

Post by Seedthis »

Hi lgallard,

I downloaded the update this morning and tested it, the issue is indeed fixed. Performance is good too.

Thank you for the time you invest in developping this app, my only wish would be the possibility of adding RSS feeds into the app for convenience, as the URL add means switching back and forth between a RSS app / Browser and qBittorrent Client.

Appart from that, it's the most complete remote for qBt.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice lgallard, thanks yet again.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

You are welcome my friends!

@Seedthis I would like to see the RSS feature published in the API, to be able to handle the feeds added from the PC too. If there won't be any change in this matter, I willi implement the RSS feature in the app.

Right now I'm focused in the Google Material Design adaptation.

Best regards!
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Release 4.0.0

Pro
  • Google Material Design adaptation
  • Fixed resume all and pause all actions
  • Fixed header info in phone view
Some screenshots:

Image Image  Image Image

Available on:

Google Play: qBittorrent Client Pro
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Awesome! Looks gorgeous.
You should message AndroidPolice/AndroidAuthority with this release update.
They will make it a news post.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Thanks Peter for your feedback  ;D
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Release 4.1.0

Pro & Free
  • Google Material Design adaptation
  • Fixed resume all and pause all actions
  • Modified default timeout for flawless connections
  • Fixed header info in phone view
Free version screenshots

Image Image Image Image

Available on:

Google Play: qBittorrent Client Pro  / qBittorrent Client Free
GitHub: qBittorrent Client Free
Last edited by lgallard on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks.
FliessendWasser

Post by FliessendWasser »

Nice, thanks!

My two cents for this remote:
When I start it up, it shows Network Error and then Authentification Error, although it shows the currently active torrents with a refresh rate of 5 seconds. Don't know why, but it's somewhat annoying.

Talking about the refresh-rate: 5 seconds are 1 second for me, thus it refreshes the window every single second. Not only the window, but also the ads, which is also kind of annoying (seeing new ads every 2 seconds). If needed, I can make screenshots.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Hi brot0,

Thanks for sharing your two cents...

[quote="brot0"]
Nice, thanks!

My two cents for this remote:
When I start it up, it shows Network Error and then Authentification Error, although it shows the currently active torrents with a refresh rate of 5 seconds. Don't know why, but it's somewhat annoying.
[/quote]

Maybe you are in one of these two scenarios:

1) Your qBittorrent server is version 3.2.0. In this case, authentication is established using cookies. Every time you start it up it tries the last valid cookie, if it is not valid it will show the connection/authentication error, ask for a new valid cookie and get connected with this new cookie.

2) Your network or your qBittorrent server is kind of busy,  and the app tries to establish a connection but due to delays you get a connection/authentication error. For this case try increasing the connection and data timeouts in the app settings to 10 and 20 seconds, respectively.

[quote="brot0"]
Talking about the refresh-rate: 5 seconds are 1 second for me, thus it refreshes the window every single second.
[/quote]

Changing the refresh rate only takes effect when restarting the app. I have to put a message or hint for this field in the app's settings.

[quote="brot0"]
Not only the window, but also the ads, which is also kind of annoying (seeing new ads every 2 seconds). If needed, I can make screenshots.
[/quote]

I will change this behaviour in the next release. Ads will be reloaded only when refreshing manually. The auto refresh should't reload ads.
FliessendWasser

[quote="lgallard"]
Maybe you are in one of these two scenarios:

1) Your qBittorrent server is version 3.2.0. In this case, authentication is established using cookies. Every time you start it up it tries the last valid cookie, if it is not valid it will show the connection/authentication error, ask for a new valid cookie and get connected with this new cookie.
[/quote]

This scenario applies then. Thanks for clearing things up!

[quote="lgallard"]
[quote="brot0"]
Talking about the refresh-rate: 5 seconds are 1 second for me, thus it refreshes the window every single second.
[/quote]

Changing the refresh rate only takes effect when restarting the app. I have to put a message or hint for this field in the app's settings.[/quote]

You didn't get my point. I meant, although I set a 5 second refresh rate, the stats refresh every single second, not every 5 seconds.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Hi brot0,

About 1), please tell me if it just happens when you start up the app.

About the 5 seconds refresh problem, you are right. The next release will fix that too!
FliessendWasser

[quote="lgallard"]
Hi brot0,

About 1), please tell me if it just happens when you start up the app.

About the 5 seconds refresh problem, you are right. The next release will fix that too!
[/quote]

Hello. Well, the problem right now is that I migrated to qBittorrent 3.3.0alpha, thus I can't tell you of what happens.
But my former reply pretty much says everything that I can say by now, and you explained it very well actually...

[quote="brot0"]
When I start it up, it shows Network Error and then Authentification Error [...]
[/quote]

I'm glad to hear that one problem will be fixed :)
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Release 4.1.1

Pro & Free
  • Added RSS support
  • Fixed Material Design issue (android.support.v7.internal.view.menu MenuBuilder error) in some Android ROMs
  • Fixed Contextual Menu Bar background issue
  • Fixed wrong values for autorefresh option in English version
  • Fixed ads loading. Now it reloads banner when user refreshes the app
  • Fixed glitch in tablet view
  • Fixed SwipeRefresh in tablets view

Available on:

Google Play: qBittorrent Client Pro  / qBittorrent Client Free
GitHub: qBittorrent Client Free
Last edited by lgallard on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrwmiaris

Post by vrwmiaris »

hey man im using for a long time your app and now i saw that i can add torent from my phone,how do i do that?im pasting the url it says torent snd but it doeasnt show on the client.can you help me?tnx