port forwarding / connection status

Other platforms, generic questions.
sportbiker

port forwarding / connection status

Post by sportbiker »

I'm having trouble getting a green connection status even though I think I've done everything necessary. Here's my setup:

• I'm using version qBit 2.4.4 with an Apple Airport Extreme router.
• QBit is listening on port 19804 and I have de-selected the "use different port for DHT" (UPD) option.
• Airport Extreme is set to port-forward port 19804 for both TCP and UPD to my computer's LAN IP.

Yet the connection status is still yellow. What am I overlooking? Any other information I can provide?

TIA.
ironcross

Re: port forwarding / connection status

Post by ironcross »

Use listening port 6881. UPnP/NAT-PMP must be anabled on the QB and the router. Encryption mode: prefer encryption. I never did manual port forwarding - only UPnP enabled and it works great. Always green status and max speed 8-)
sportbiker

Re: port forwarding / connection status

Post by sportbiker »

Initially, I had qBIT UPnP/NAT-PMP enabled and Airport NAT enabled (but no port-forwarding) and had a yellow light. That is what started me down the path of port-forwarding. I've also flipped between encryption required and enabled but that didn't make a difference.

Currently, Airport NAT is still enabled, qBit NAT is enabled, encryption is enabled. Airport port-forwarding is turned on.

I used the port sniffer at whatsmyip.org to test my assigned port but it timed out.