Extended save location history

Other platforms, generic questions.
Goblin

Extended save location history

Post by Goblin »

Just curious if anything is happening with this. It would be a big time saver gor those of us who use many download locations.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/4084
KitKat

Re: Extended save location history

Post by KitKat »

I think its been dropped due to the changes made to the saving systems (labels/categories), i can see the desire for it but i personally dont need it.
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

If every category could have a specific save location assigned on any specific harddrive, that would help.
Unless I'm missing something, all the save management does now is move files to subdirectories.

Anyway, instead of hoping for something that seemingly will never happen:

Is it possible to hex edit the executable to increase the number of history save location slots from 10 to, say, 30? Anyone know where to find it?
Or would it be better/easier to compile my own version? Seems like a daunting task though, since I do not have any kind of coding environment set up.
nab128

Post by nab128 »

sledgehammer999 please merge 4084!

Looks like it almost made it too. The coding has been done, just needs to be merged. maybe sledgehammer999 forgot about it?
sledgehammer999 commented on Feb 6
(if there are no blocking objections)
There are 3 PRs that I'll review today and merge depending on author feedback: #3858, #4084 and #4251
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/4696
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

The new system is in place.... that's you see the bottom "referenced this" message.
Which part you miss from the original PR?
nab128

Post by nab128 »

OK I have switched to the new system with subcategories.  :D

Only thing that's not working is relocating when changing torrent categories. When I change a torrent's category I expect to see the Save Path for that torrent also change, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?