2.3.0: too finicky?

Other platforms, generic questions.
Llama

2.3.0: too finicky?

Post by Llama »

Hi,

There's a completed download Alfa. Say, MyDownloads/Alfa/alfa1.m4b. Since my player can't play m4b, I converted it to mp3: MyDownloads/Alfa/alfa1.mp3, leaving m4b file intact. The new file used to be ignored, but as soon as I upgraded to qBittorrent 2.3.0, the client somehow created a new Alfa download from scratch: MyDownloads/Alfa/alfa1.m4b, right next to the old one (MyDownloads/Alfa/alfa1.m4b(+alfa1.mp3) :shock: ), marked with [!]. Is this behavior a feature (I'd prefer the old tolerant way)? Is it optional?

System: Archlinux, i686
christophe.dumez

Re: 2.3.0: too finicky?

Post by christophe.dumez »

I did add some checking code to v2.3.0 so that it detects if files have been altered outside qBittorrent (file size change or deleted file). In case such thing happens, the torrent is paused and marked with a "!" instead of redownloading it from scratch (old behavior).

However, in your case, you say that you merely added a file alfa1.mp3 and that you left alfa1.m4b intact. In that case, qBittorrent is not meant to detect anything (unless alfa1.m4b was altered in any way). This might be a bug in qBittorrent or human error. I would need to make tests to be certain (and you too if possible).

Are you certain that alfa1.m4b was left intact and not altered in any way (no file size change)?