[SOLVED] Any way to remove or edit category list in 3.3.7 ?

Other platforms, generic questions.
Area51Resident

[SOLVED] Any way to remove or edit category list in 3.3.7 ?

Post by Area51Resident »

I really like the Category feature. I can get ePubs to the ePub folder, ISOs to the ISO folder etc. Great! In trying it out I now have about 15 categories and I only need about five. Is there any way to edit the category list so I can remove categories I don't need any longer? I can see where to add, change or remove the category for a downloading torrent, but no way to drop categories from the list of choices?

Is this possible?
Last edited by Area51Resident on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FliessendWasser

Re: Any way to remove or edit category list in 3.3.7 ?

Post by FliessendWasser »

There actually is an easy way to do so:

In qBittorrent's sidebar, right-click on any category and click on "Remove unused categories". In order to do so, you have to have the field "Categories" activated.
If that what I described above does not work, try removing each unused category one by one.
Area51Resident

[SOLVED]: Any way to remove or edit category list in 3.3.7 ?

Post by Area51Resident »

Left Sidebar, Categories, left click on category, Remove category - and its gone!

Thanks for your help on this.
Last edited by Area51Resident on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrChiron

Re: [SOLVED]: Any way to remove or edit category list in 3.3.7 ?

Post by DrChiron »

[quote="Area51Resident"]
Left Sidebar, Categories, left click on category, Remove category - and its gone!
[/quote]

I must have closed the left sidebar during initial setup, but could not remember the trick to reopen it. By placing the mouse pointer in the margin between the left edge of the window and the left side of the transfer task list the pointer changes to that new pointer which appears (name unknown but is the same that appears when adjusting column widths). Dragging that pointer to the right opens the sidebar.

With the Categories checkbox selected LEFT-clicking (not right) opens the context menu with the Remove Category function listed. Hope this helps. Doc