trackers/seeds only recognised via mobile hotspot

Other platforms, generic questions.
miv

trackers/seeds only recognised via mobile hotspot

Post by miv »

Hi all,

I have a curious problem.  Until a couple of days ago, qbittorrent was working fine.  Yesterday I tried to download a foreign television programme - the only way to access it here.  It was listed on Pirate Bay as having a couple of hundred seeds.  The torrent loaded fine, but the number of seeds listed on qbt was 0, and the trackers were all "not working".  Tried another version of the same programme.  Same result.  Tried something else.  Same result.  Tried via Kickass Torrents. Same result. 

Just out of curiosity, I disconnected from our wireless router and connected to the mobile hotspot on my phone, with all torrents paused, and then resumed one.  The several hundred seeds appeared.  I immediately switched back to the router; the seeds hung around, and the programme downloaded.  Tried the same thing with something else; same result.  Tried the 'resume one torrent only' process through the router, and nothing.

Possibly important info:  Windows 7, Qbittorrent 3.3.3 (for reasons related to a private tracker)

Meanwhile, torrents shared through that private tracker are working as usual.  Checked port - its open. 

Haven't changed any settings in qbt or router.  If a setting has changed in qbt I can't see it - though I have to say that generally it works so reliably (thanks!) that I haven't had much reason to study its innards.

Thanks for any help, or any light shed.