Search Not Functioning

Other platforms, generic questions.
modean987

Search Not Functioning

Post by modean987 »

I was using qbt 3.3.1 when search suddenly stopped working (returns no results). I upgraded to 4.0.3 and continue to have the problem.

I'm using Linux 64-bit. In addition, trying to upgrade any of the search plugins results in message: "Sorry, couldn't check for plugin updates. Update server is temporarily unavailable. The remote server refused the connection." This has been going on for several days now.

Any recommendations as to what I can try to do to fix the problem? The search functionality in qbt is the best and it would be a shame if it no longer works.
kutalok

Re: Search Not Functioning

Post by kutalok »

Maybe torrent-trackers was banned by your internet-provider, or try checking your proxy setting on PC.
modean987

Post by modean987 »

[quote="kutalok"]
Maybe torrent-trackers was banned by your internet-provider, or try checking your proxy setting on PC.
[/quote]
Good point, but I don't think that's the case here. I can get 3.5Mbs on torrent downloads, access torrent indexes fine with my browser, and even see the seed/peer counts on the trackers in QBT. So, my provider isn't blocking anything.

The problem is searches run inside QBT. They don't work.

Once my current torrents are done, I'll try wiping out the configuration files for QBT to see if its a configuration corruption issue... won't be the first time the config data got hosed.  ;)

Thanks for trying to help out!
modean987

Re: Search Not Functioning [RESOLVED]

Post by modean987 »

Problem resolved.

Something in the configuration got corrupted. Seeing as this was a linux install, sudo apt-get purge qbittorrent and then sudo-apt-get install qbittorrent wiped out and reinstalled the program and configuration files.

Search works and search plugins can be updated again.
Sunshine Kid

Post by Sunshine Kid »

I tried your suggestion, and qBittorrent reloaded successfully.  But I still have no tab to the search engine as I did on previous versions of Linux (Mint Mate 17.2), so I cannot search.  Any suggestions?