Deleting the .torrent file when removing files from the transfer list

Other platforms, generic questions.
BeLZeDaR

Deleting the .torrent file when removing files from the transfer list

Post by BeLZeDaR »

Hi all
not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, (did search for 10 minutes and came up with loads of matches to my keywords)

but when I am removing files from the transfer list (with or without removing them from the drive) it still leaves the .torrentfile on my hard drive. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this?
peterd

Re: Deleting the .torrent file when removing files from the transfer list

Post by peterd »

I assume that in the Downloads options you have the "Copy .torrent files to:" option checked? Either that, or "Copy .torrent files for finished downloads to:" option? If you never want to save the .torrent files, you can make sure both of those are unchecked.

That said, I leave the first option checked because there are some torrents that I want to save the file for, but there are also some that I don't, so cleaning out that folder periodically is a bit of a chore.

IMO it would be great if the "Also delete the files on the hard disk" checkbox included any .torrent files in the above two categories. Perhaps with an "Also delete the .torrent file?" confirmation dialog, but I personally would not need that.
BeLZeDaR

Re: Deleting the .torrent file when removing files from the transfer list

Post by BeLZeDaR »

Thank you for your answer. you were right i did have one of the options you suggested checked, i will give this a try