Seed all .torrents in folder on new qB install

Other platforms, generic questions.
ir

Seed all .torrents in folder on new qB install

Post by ir »

I have just installed qB 4.4.1 on a new W10 system. I have attached a USB hard disk which I used on another system with 4.4.1 and W10.
The layout is:
F:\QBittorrent contains files and folders of content.
F:\QBittorrent\torrent contains the .torrent files retained after download
I have a couple of hundred "collectors"/"rare" media objects which I have been seeding (with limited upload bandwidth and slots, but prefer to "give back")
But the File/Add torrent file menu only offers a file selection dialog which accepts one .torrent file at a time. I have tested that this is accepted, is checked, and starts seeding and uploading.
However I want to do the entire collection folder, not one at a time.
The FAQ mentions "How do I import my torrents from another BitTorrent client?" and "Edit the download path in the torrent addition dialog" but I do not see this dialog.
Help please.  :-\
basecase

Re: Seed all .torrents in folder on new qB install

Post by basecase »

Set the default download directory to the F:\QBittorrent\torrent then drag the whole lot of torrents to the client window with the popup dialog option turned off. Test, then continue with them all.

Personally, I prefer the reseeder method. copy the content and the torrent into the same folder then have a script to add the torrent into the client en masse. I wrote one for transmission and I'm writing on for qbittorrent because I'm bored.

transmission-reseeder is up on github now and qbittorrent-reseeder will be on github once I finish