annomatik

3.3.16 - web ui

Post by annomatik »

Hi! After much frustration with 4.1.2 I did a downgrade to 3.3.16

pro:
  - it downloads torrents right away and
  - it kept my settings + torrents

con:
  - it showed me tons of "tracker authorization" dialogs, someone made a "hacked" version for that -- solved
  - the web ui doesn't seem to work. I can see it properly set up in the settings dialog, but when I try to reach the api by script or open the web ui in a browser, it just times out.

Can anyone tell me, how to make the web api / ui work in 3.3.16?

Thanks!
Adsixnine

Re: 3.3.16 - web ui

Post by Adsixnine »

++++
annomatik

Re: 3.3.16 - web ui

Post by annomatik »

update... I played around with the settings, now, the UI works on localhost:9090. It still does not work from other computers in my LAN, which is a big bummer -- no automation possible (Medusa, Radarr, etc.).

I tried binding to "Ethernet", I tried binding to the right IP, no difference: The "external" computers do not get any data, even though netstat says, there is a connection. Also, it does not make a difference, if firewall is enabled or not.

Right now, I seem to have to run 3.3.16 over the weekend, so it downloads and 4.1.2 over the week so the automation works (because of the Web UI). Is there a better way than switching qBitTorrent versions all the time? Or is there a qBitTorrent version available, that actually downloads and supports the Web UI outside of localhost at the same time?

Please advise!

*edit* cross-posted here: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/9505
Last edited by annomatik on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.