[solved]What's the proper way opening the project ?

Other platforms, generic questions.
XC

[solved]What's the proper way opening the project ?

Post by XC »

I'm trying to open source code with CLion.I cloned code and then checked out to branch v4_1_x.Then I opened the project folder with CLion 2019.2.CLion was not able to find headers under directory "src" ,while other headers can be found.
My toolchain is WSL Debian.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Last edited by XC on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
XC

Re: What's the proper way opening the project with CLion?

Post by XC »

I switched to vscode but vscode is also not able to find any source file under "src".But when I tried to "goto definition" of those source files,vscode opened the correct file.....
So weird.
Screenshot of vscode:
https://ftp.bmp.ovh/imgs/2019/10/40bede5d327e804e.jpg
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What's the proper way opening the project ?

Post by Peter »

As far as I am aware, Qt Creator can handle the project. However, creating binaries is another story, read the wiki on that.
See: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... ompilation
XC

Post by XC »

Thank you for providing information.
I'm quite confused now, because though I used qt creator, no problem was solved.
You see, I'm completely a newbie a large project:I used to take part in the National Olympiad in Informatics of China, which was basically ACM for high School students.But I haven't take part in a large project.
I installed Qt Creator, Qt 5.13.1 for mingw and mingw 7.3.0 toolchain using Qt Maintenance Tool.
I opened qbittorrent.pro,and then I found for every file under directory "src", Qt Creator will raise an error , says:This file is not part of any project,The code model might issues to parse this file properly.
And the same issue still happened, Qt Creator was not able to find headers under directory "src".
When I opened src/src.pro, the issue is still there.
So: Is there any problem with my IDE configuration or toolchain configuration? What kind of information do I need to provide? What is your configuration?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I'd definitely recommend using Ubuntu in a virtual machine to start out with. Windows + C++ has always been a mess to be fair.
Just throw up Virtualbox or you can even use Hyper-V. Grab Ubuntu, and use "sudo apt-get build-dep qbittorrent". This will grab all the deps required to build qBittorrent.

- You can also add the PPA version.
- You can then install QT's toolkit + QT Creator too.

It should all work. This is how I test small changes, the translations, etc. Works like a charm.
XC

Post by XC »

You are right.
I deployed toolchain on my another archlinux machine.
And all problems are gone now.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [solved]What's the proper way opening the project ?

Post by Peter »

Once you have everything set, you could try moving back to Windows.
I used "MSYS2" when I had to do Qt under Windows. It even has a static Qt build available

It's practically like Arch Linux... on Windows. For coding/development/compiling.

Good luck! :)