Every time I turn on my qBitorrent my modem resets

Other platforms, generic questions.
ManGrissle

Every time I turn on my qBitorrent my modem resets

Post by ManGrissle »

I was having internet problems for a couple of days (modem would reset loop every 5 min) it seems I wasn’t alone... there were suddenlink trucks in my neighborhood... then I received a text that the problem had been solved... I looked up and my modem had just reset. So I called them and told them the problem wasn’t fixed... they were working with me to try to find the problem but it kept doing it on my main PC...I forgot the other PC that I use to torrent was still on and connected... I turned off the downloader and left on the VPN... then the woman on the phone that was helping me said she updated the firmware on my modem... then it really seemed like it was fixed... so like 30 min after I got off the phone I decided I wanted to watch a tv that I needed to torrent... turned on qBittorent and the modem in a blink of a eye reset... then looked up a lot of stuff but I still don’t know what to do about this...that is why I am here. :)
bmn

Re: Every time I turn on my qBitorrent my modem resets

Post by bmn »

Since that is unlikely what you have modem in 2020, I'd suspect UPnP issue, try to disable it.