Torrent queueing not working

Other platforms, generic questions.
snakyjake

Torrent queueing not working

Post by snakyjake »

Why doesn't torrent queueing work with these settings?
What setting do I need for torrent queueing to work?

This DOES work:

Thank you.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Torrent queueing not working

Post by Peter »

Could you elaborate what "doesn't work" mean? Like what happens? All you have to do is tick Torrent Queuing.
snakyjake

Post by snakyjake »

When Torrent Queueing is disabled (no checkmark) I have torrents downloading.
When Torrent Queueing is enabled (checkmark) the downloading torrents stop, and no further torrents are active.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Uhm and how many torrents do you have loaded?
Like you have to set up the limits properly, or it will not function...
snakyjake

Post by snakyjake »

I have 170 torrents.
With torrent queueing disabled, I have ~20 seeding torrents.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Simply set:

Max active down: - as many as you want -
Max active up: -1
Max active torrents: -1

That's all.
ltkAlpha

Post by ltkAlpha »

Peter wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:41 am Simply set:

That's all.
I have the same (?) issue as the OP. Torrent queueing checked - nothing seeds, effectively (i.e. the declared number of active seeds are marked as seeding, but nothing is being uploaded, unless I force resume on all torrents). Torrent queueing unchecked - connection limits get applied (presumably), seeds actually upload, things work.

Based on your tone you seem confident that you understand what's going on and why. Can you please elaborate? I think one of us is missing something, because the active torrent numbers under Torrent Queueing don't appear to play a role at all.
FireExit

Post by FireExit »

ltkAlpha wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:47 am
Peter wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:41 am Simply set:

That's all.
I have the same (?) issue as the OP. Torrent queueing checked - nothing seeds, effectively (i.e. the declared number of active seeds are marked as seeding, but nothing is being uploaded, unless I force resume on all torrents). Torrent queueing unchecked - connection limits get applied (presumably), seeds actually upload, things work.

Based on your tone you seem confident that you understand what's going on and why. Can you please elaborate? I think one of us is missing something, because the active torrent numbers under Torrent Queueing don't appear to play a role at all.
Apparently according to Admin, you have to disable the feature to get it to work ;D
bluecheese

Post by bluecheese »

I am having similar behaviour and am not clear whether this is a bug or a behaviour I do not understand.

Using qbittorrent v4.3.4.1 on Windows 10.

Seeding >24,000 torrents on private trackers.

When Torrent Queuing is Off, the trackers show torrent seeding counts that match numbers of torrents shown in the client. The Status column displays "Seeding" for all completed torrents.

When Torrent Queuing is On, the trackers show no or little seeding is happening. The Status column displays Seeding for the number of Maximum active torrents . The remaining torrents are Queued. The result of this is that there is very little seeding going on and usually no active uploads.

Downloading torrents behave as expected, with the number Maximum active downloads actively downloading. The threshold settings for download also behave as expected.

So, it appears that Maximum active torrents setting is actually setting the maximum number of Seeding or Seeding plus downloading torrents.