Stalled torrents using up queue slots

Other platforms, generic questions.
tuaris

Stalled torrents using up queue slots

Post by tuaris »

I have queuing setup to have a max of 5 downloads and 10 active torrents.
How do I setup queuing so that a stalled torrent doesn't count towards those limits?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Stalled torrents using up queue slots

Post by Peter »

Settings -> Bittorrent -> "Do not count slow torrents in these limits" and then set that up so it fits your needs.
tuaris

Post by tuaris »

Thanks. I am aware of that setting but it's either unclear, doesn't work properly, or I'm not understanding it. For example I have "max of 5 downloads and a max of 10 active torrents", and have the "Do not count slow torrents in these limits" box checked.

The stalled torrents use up the max active slots.

If I bump up the max active torrents to 40, that opens up more download slots, but again, stalled torrents count towards that:

SideshowBob

Post by SideshowBob »

I just set it large - about 50.

IIRC years ago slow torrents didn't count towards the maximum (although I might possibly be remembering a different client). I'm guessing it changed to avoid the case where all torrents are active and resources are spread too thinly for anything to be above threshold. I've seen that happen on Azureus and it required manual intervention.

Your values of 5,2,10 don't make much sense either way. In one case you are allowing for only 3 slow torrents, and in the other 10 is greater than 5+2. The point of the old behavior was that you could set something like 5,5,7. When the total active torrents exceeded the limit, seeds would be shut down to allow more upload bandwidth for downloads.