Qbittorrent Remote Client

Other platforms, generic questions.
airbit

Qbittorrent Remote Client

Post by airbit »

Can anyone recommend a remote client.

The only one I can find is https://www.electronjs.org/apps/electorrent and it is very limited. I would like one for MAC OS X but willing to check out one for any OS.

The main goal I want to be able to achieve is to be able to download a torrent and be able to select which server to open it on, have it open in that qbittorrent server and allow me to select the save location and add category.

Coming from transmission I am surprised there is not better options out there as transmission has tonnes of great options and it is a torrent server that is barely maintained.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Qbittorrent Remote Client

Post by Peter »

Transmission/Deluge use a different approach. qBittorent is a desktop-first client with a WebUI and API. Transmission/Deluge implement a server - which you connect to using either the stock client or a third-party solution. That's why they are so different. You could use the WebUI for this.
airbit

Post by airbit »

Peter wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:22 pm Transmission/Deluge use a different approach. qBittorent is a desktop-first client with a WebUI and API. Transmission/Deluge implement a server - which you connect to using either the stock client or a third-party solution. That's why they are so different. You could use the WebUI for this.
Ah that explains it. I thought it was the other way around.

The webUI is what i currently use for desktop but it means i have to open the WebUI and then search for the torrent to upload. Where as with transmission client I can just click the torrent.

One thing i run into a lot is i add the torrent to the wrong Qbittorent server as I have 5, when on the WebUI it is hard sometimes to know which I am on where as with the android remote clients for transmission and qBittorrent I can see exactly which one I am on.

I started using qBittorrent remote by fengmlo on android and it is awesome it allows me to select the torrent and add it and see what server I am adding it to. The dev is very responsive as I asked for an feature request(search ability) and he added it within a week. Hopefully we will see something for desktop soon.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Option A)
You could use dynamic host names or domain names to differentiate between the hosts.

Like:
grandmothers-fiber-fast.dyndns.org
mumspc.dyndns.org
epicgamurrpc.dyndns.org

And then you'd know which one you'd connect to.

Option B)
You can also just bookmark IP addresses and whatnot in a browser, and call them whatever.

Option C)
You can also use hosts files on Windows/Linux/Mac: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/b ... osts-file/

Just a few options.