Crackling, high-pitched sound whenever QBitorrent is running (On different machines)

Other platforms, generic questions.
Mikkel999

Crackling, high-pitched sound whenever QBitorrent is running (On different machines)

Post by Mikkel999 »

Hi! I've recently switched to QBitorrent and so far I'm loving it! There's only an issue that keeps bugging me. Like I said, as soon as I launch the program I start hearing this crackling, high-pitched sound (not 100% sure it comes from the disk, it's like a more high-pitched coil whine) and it 100% has something to do with QBitorrent since as soon as I click ''exit'' it stops completely. Even if I'm not downloading or uploading anything. You could say that my disk (SSD) is at fault here, but I've tried installing QBitorrent in an old laptop (HDD) and it's exactly the same. I'm using Win10 (everything is up-to-date) and running the latest stable version of QBitorrent (4.3.4.1)
I really wish this could be sorted out because this noise may not seem much, but it's incredibly annoying.
Cheers!

Note: I posted on the Windows board, but it seems that it hasn't been very active so I posted in this one. I hope it's not against the rules