Multiple destination email addresses for notifications?

Other platforms, generic questions.
gderf

Multiple destination email addresses for notifications?

Post by gderf »

I am running the markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn image on OpenMediaVault 5.x

I would like to send notification of download complete to multiple email addresses using a comma separated list of addresses. This does not work. Only a single email address can be configured and work.

I also tried running an external program on torrent completion, but this fails because the external program is not available within the container.

Is anyone able to accomplish this?

Thanx
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Multiple destination email addresses for notifications?

Post by Peter »

You could set up a Mailcow or Postfix rule that would simply forward an incoming email to multiple targets.
But this should be pretty simple to implement (should be). I will check out if it is when I get some time...

Keep in mind though...
- I am no code contributor, so my PR could be so trash they might just end up (rightfully) nuking it.
- The feature has to be exposed in a user-friendly manner. Somehow you have to let them know it exists, but you can't break the existing UI. That's quite hard. There is no hover-over information, no (i) hover icons, nothing. So that's a challenge off the bat.
- In case the UI is blocking when the email send is executed, it might introduce insane freezing. If. I have not used this feature so far, so that's just testing.
- The number of recipients must be limited to some degree I suppose, and IF there is any recipient email address checks in the UI, that must be implemented for each. A separate button for adding and removing emails would be handy, but then, it becomes a bloated feature that maybe <0.0000001% of the users would use.
- There must be a wait introduced between each send to avoid hammering servers. Some email servers also include an hourly limit, but that's already way too much to manage.

So while it seems simple...