How to migrate from uTorrent to qBittorent on iMac?

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
techgal

Re: How to migrate from uTorrent to qBittorent on iMac?

Post by techgal »

One other question. When I select a torrent to download it still goes to utorrent app. How do I change the download to go through QBT? This has become a challenge. if apple left the 32 bit apps in Catalina, I wouldn't be in this pickle!

thanks for any help!

Techgal
Last edited by techgal on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

Perhaps there is no one wanting that torrent? Therefore no traffic.

To get them to always open in qB go to one .torrent file and Get Info (command I). Choose qB as you did on the other but also then look down a little ways and click the 'Change All...' button and then in the following dialog window click 'Continue'.
techgal

Post by techgal »

How do you set up an association between qbittorrent and the torrents you download so they open automatically? Also can someone give me an idea of what would be a set of decent speed and port settings. I changed them so many time I am not even sure what defat was, HELP!
techgal

Post by techgal »

I am looking for the Global Rate limits for uploads and downloads. Also, Global maximum number of connections and maximum number of connections per torrent.

Still unable to have a torrent open qbittorrent automatically. I have to go to downloads folder and start it from there. Any ideas?
dudu

Post by dudu »

MountainInside wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:25 am I used this tool: https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,5889.0.html

Edit: The tool is updated to support MacOS
The post seems to have been deleted - in any case, the link does not point to a post.

Is the Mac-updated tool available somewhere else?