MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
tmikaeld

Re: Another test build, time for testing - QBittorrent 3.1.1

Post by tmikaeld »

What is?
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

the guide, it's not relevant, I have real mac hardware that I do my testing, and I am not new to the who osx vm thing either. Also anymore pm's regarding this will be deleted on sight.
tmikaeld

Post by tmikaeld »

Ok, sorry, you seem to know what you are doing so i'll just shut up and wait.
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

it's not my first time indeed lol, just working with some hardware limitations at the moment, mainly disk space and to get everything right without wasting space is not fun
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

alright, I did some looksy around and it seems by default the compiled executable will look for the libraries macports compiled and install, so what was suggested is that I use install_name_tool to force qbittorrent to look at ../Frameworks so I will keep at it. Once I am done I will document the efforts and send the build instructions upstream that or force everything to be statically built.
Last edited by wowzaman12 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

Ok update time, post has new build and it works in a clean vm of 10.8.5, seems I didn't research enough and missed a nifty tool macdeployqt and it placed the libraries properly and it works at least in my vm as I said earlier in this post.
Last edited by wowzaman12 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmikaeld

Post by tmikaeld »

I tried it and now it starts - it shows DHT connections at the bottom, but when i add a torrent it completely hangs.

Also, i installed python to make the search work but it does not.
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

well every function (besides searching, which I haven't begun to work out) worked for me, both in the vm, and my reinstall of osx 10.9 on my main setup.
tmikaeld

Post by tmikaeld »

It worked, the problem was that i initiated a search and THEN tried to download a torrent, the app hangs then.

EDIT: No, it hangs after a few minutes even without initiating a search.