qBittorrent 3.1.2

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
wowzaman12

qBittorrent 3.1.2

Post by wowzaman12 »

qBittorrent 3.1.2 Build for Mac OSX
Ok this is for the just released 3.1.2 release (I'm going to try and keep up with the release schedule and also try and make some git builds every once in a while like maybe once every 2-3 weeks). Again no guarantees with this build, other than it at least works for me on my mac and my clean vm as well) I will try and stamp some bugs if I can and work with the developers to fixing some bugs as well if I can.
EDIT: new build out, one that fixes font alignment, a fix has been submitted and accepted and will be enabled in 3.1.3 onwards for osx builds, but I figured I do 3.1.2 anyways until 3.1.3 is out
Sha1: eff9279e64e124898bf6139135d7cf16808476e3
md5: 29a2f4c70588b51d2d5a16eb63bd0ae6

Last edited by wowzaman12 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.2

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for the effort you put in Zach. I don't have Mac but people who do will surely like it.
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

Thanks Nemo. This is my first mac to be honest, it's definitely different enough from linux, but not too bad though. I just wanted to make sure my own code compiled and when I found out my favourite bittorrent client hadn't received some love on osx in a little while I just couldn't live without it lol. Anyways I'll do more testing regarding search functionality, maybe look at a few other areas that could be improved some too.
tmikaeld

Post by tmikaeld »

This one works fine, except no search - if i try search, the app hangs.

EDIT: No, i was wrong.. after a few minutes torrent downloads also makes the app hang.
Last edited by tmikaeld on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Any info if you run it from terminal?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

@tmikaeld Have you installed python too? If yes, run this command in the terminal and paste the output: python --version
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

I have a framework version of python I'm testing out, I'll post it later if it works in my vm. My main goal was getting the majority of the app working, not the search feature yet. Also in future, If I post something new and it doesn't say I fixed something like search, don't assume it's fixed yet. I'm getting around to things.
EDIT: Ok I'm wondering if it's something with his end or something, I tried searching through my vm box (I do a clean up by reverting to a snapshot of when the os was first installed) and no hangs, or anything, it worked perfectly for me.
EDIT 2: ok I did a second test, it still works, but there is a small delay in the bringing up the download dialog if you click the download button, but it's not feature breaking, and it still downloads for me with no issue really. I wonder if he isn't practicing patients. Try waiting for the dialog, click ok and it should work for you as it does me.
EDIT 3: Python "is" included into mavericks so it should work perfectly with no issues.
Last edited by wowzaman12 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

@Zach does "python --version" yield something in the terminal? If yes, please paste here.

EDIT: I think the previous packages didn't include python. And since python is preinstalled on mavericks, we should troubleshoot why it doesn't work and not bloat the package with it.
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

As for python version, iirc it is 2.5. I will have to check after, I'm in the middle of installing windows 7 bootcamp, once finished I'll double check on that.

edit: on the note of plugins, when I can I'll modify and send a pull request regarding the current plugins as since isohunt.com is no more and is now isohunt.to piratebay.se is .sx but thanks to a redirect it doesn't really matter there I guess

Edit 2: its python 2.7.5
Last edited by wowzaman12 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmikaeld

Post by tmikaeld »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
@tmikaeld Have you installed python too? If yes, run this command in the terminal and paste the output: python --version
[/quote]

localhost:bin mikael$ python --version
Python 2.6.4
tmikaeld

Post by tmikaeld »

[quote="Zach Thibeau"]

EDIT 2: ok I did a second test, it still works, but there is a small delay in the bringing up the download dialog if you click the download button, but it's not feature breaking, and it still downloads for me with no issue really. I wonder if he isn't practicing patients. Try waiting for the dialog, click ok and it should work for you as it does me.
[/quote]

I disabled dialogs from the start, it's added to the list, says "downloading" then it says "stalled" and hangs.

Yes, i have free space on the drive, yes, my firewall is open for ports.

And yes it works in other torrent downloaders, so far i've tried transmission, utorrent and baretorrent.

EDIT: And i have disabled little snitch to make sure it isn't that.

EDIT2: Is there any log i can check?
Last edited by tmikaeld on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

well I've testing 3 times using the search and each result downloaded properly, weird
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

so far 23 downloads of this and no one else is reporting any issues that I am aware of in either my own tracker nor in qbittorrent's tracker, I'm beginning to suspect it maybe something on your end, now if someone else reports the same issue then maybe you're on to something, but for now, I'm beginning to think it's on your end as I am unable to reproduce the issue in a clean vm.
tmikaeld

Post by tmikaeld »

I'll try removing my python version and re-installing with a new version, that might be the problem since it's been around since snow leopard on this mac.
wowzaman12

Post by wowzaman12 »

could very well be