Clean delete / reinstall ?? hidden files somewhere?

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Retrellos

Clean delete / reinstall ?? hidden files somewhere?

Post by Retrellos »

Hi all ..

I just have a quick question and perhaps someone can answer it.

I have been trying to do a clean (a fully clean) delete of qBittorrent so I can do a "Clean slate" reinstall ..

the odd problem I am having is even when removing the support files in the Preferences and Application support folder qBittorrent still seems to retain the old configuration settings .. apparently there is a hidden config file somewhere perhaps someone knows the list of files that need to be removed (including any hidden directories)

I am using a Mac with OSX 10.9

Thanks for your help.
9pigs

Re: Clean delete / reinstall ?? hidden files somewhere?

Post by 9pigs »

Find Any File shows these items on OS Mavericks.  Click on the attachment to see it bigger.

http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/ (note: he gives you links to other comparable items at the bottom of the webpage)
Attachments
A Snapshot 2013-11-23 at 12.33.02 .jpg
Last edited by Guest on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dedlock

Post by dedlock »

I'm having the same problem. Can you tell me if you found the config file and were able to delete it?

LD
9pigs

Post by 9pigs »

user>>Library>>Application Support>> 2  folders

user>>Library>>Preferences --- 3 different preference files.

user>>Library>>Caches>> qBittorent folder

user>>Library>>Saved Application State>> qBittorent folder

And Disk>>Private>>var>>db>>bootcaches >> crazy numbered folder>> app.org.qbittorrent.playlist
Retrellos

Post by Retrellos »

I deleted all the files 9Pigs listed and I also ran Onyx and did the entire suite of system maintenance cleanup .. including clearing of boot caches and it eventually seemed to clear out itself and was back to a "fresh install state" after i ran Onyx and did a reboot... just deleting the files and emptying the trash didn't seem to be enough .. seems running Onyx and doing system maintenance / cache clearing finally did the trick.
Last edited by Retrellos on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.