qBittorrent 3.1.9.1 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Krypto

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.9 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

Post by Krypto »

Spoke too soon, woke up this morning to an orange triangle in bottom left hand corner stating that it needs to be restarted and now within minutes of relaunching it unexpectedly quits all the time :(
Krypto

Post by Krypto »

Thanks, could you recompile for Dual-Core as I have a Mac Mini Mid 2010 Processor  2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Krypto

Post by Krypto »

It downloaded fine from that Dropbox :)
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

One thing I've noticed and I'm not sure if it's a qBittorrent thing or just this version, but if I download a torrent that is say just a single file like a zip and use the Open with qBittorrent in FireFox and then select a different directory then the torrent filename disappears :(
Screenshot maybe? (open another thread)
Rainmaker

Post by Rainmaker »

It crashes every time I load a torrent, too. This was a clean install on OS X 10.9.2. :(
pyed

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.8 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

Post by pyed »

[quote="littletree76"]
[quote="pyed"]
[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
@pyed can you tell me which version of Xcode were you using?
[/quote]

since Mavericks you don't need the whole Xcode to build, only the "Command-line tools", and it's version is "CLT: 5.0.1.0.1.1382131676"
[/quote]

Thank you for offering download of compiled version 3.19. I will install it in Mac OS 10.9.2 to find out how does it work as compared with current installation of version 3.1.3.

I have latest version of Xcode 5.1 and corresponding Command-line tools version (release date: 10-March-2014) installed for all Unix command tools such as gcc for compilation. Then I installed Homebrew to install missing Unix packages qt4-mac and libtorrent-rasterbar for compilation of qbittorrent 3.1.8. Followed instructions exactly in following website to compile qbittorrent 3.1.8. I encountered plugins not installed warning messages and the resultant qbittorrent application crashed frequently.

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... SX-systems

May I know what have I done wrong ? It surprises me that you never mention the required packages qt4-mac and libtorrent-rasterbar at all, does it means that there is alternative way of compilation which does not need these Unix packages ?

Thanks in advance for any reply.
[/quote]

sorry didn't notice your reply, I'm away right now, when I get back I'll tell you everything you need to do/install to get everthing done right.
Rainmaker

Post by Rainmaker »

[quote="littletree76"]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqfidujlnw64n ... orrent.dmg

[/quote]

Just to let you know that this build works perfectly for me on Mavericks 10.9.2 on a 2012 MacBook Pro. This is despite the build in the OP crashing every time a torrent loads (as posted above by me and someone else). Whatever you did differently, it's fixed and working fine again for me now. Thanks!
Krypto

Post by Krypto »

The version posted by littletree76 worked for me too at first, then when I adding torrents they "Stalled" at this point it constantly crashes.

System = Mac Mini Mid 2010 Processor  2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Krypto"]
The version posted by littletree76 worked for me too at first, then when I adding torrents they "Stalled" at this point it constantly crashes.

System = Mac Mini Mid 2010 Processor  2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
[/quote]

Can you run it on the terminal and copy the output after it crashes? Which libtorrent version does it use? (help->about->libraries)
Krypto

Post by Krypto »

How do you run it on the terminal?

I'll completely remove the App and re-install it.
littletree76

Post by littletree76 »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="Krypto"]

[/quote]

Can you run it on the terminal and copy the output after it crashes? Which libtorrent version does it use? (help->about->libraries)
[/quote]

Followings are what I have found as supplied by MacPorts (see my previous post on building qbitorrent):

Qt: 4.8.5
Libtorrent: 0.16.13.0
Boost: 1.55.0

Take note that libtorrent and libtorrent-rasterbar are two different libraries supplied through MacPorts. There is a source tarball of libtorrent-rasterbar v0.16.15 (Stable) available for download at this site, would you suggest that I should use this release of libtorrent library to build qbittorrent 3.1.9 ?

Followings are log of terminal output in searching for the library in MacPorts:

Wangs-iMac:~$ port search libtorrent-rasterbar
libtorrent-rasterbar @0.16.13 (net)
    A C++ bittorrent library (not the same as port libtorrent)

libtorrent-rasterbar-devel @0.16.99.9210 (net)
    A C++ bittorrent library (not the same as port libtorrent)

Found 2 ports.
Last edited by littletree76 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Krypto"]
How do you run it on the terminal?
[/quote]

This is from linux: Open a terminal and type "qbittorrent". It should launch qbittorrent. Don't close the terminal while qbittorrent is running.

EDIT: Do you use preallocation in qbittorrent?
Krypto

Post by Krypto »

Yes I use Pre Allocation.

So far after a uninstalling and reinstalling it seems OK, so finger crossed.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Krypto"]
Yes I use Pre Allocation.

So far after a uninstalling and reinstalling it seems OK, so finger crossed.
[/quote]

Try disabling it. Libtorrent had an issue with that and it was fixed in 0.16.15 IIRC. When it tried to write to disk it crashed.
pyed

Post by pyed »

@littletree76 sorry I'm too late, but here's How I compile qBittorrent:

Install Homebrew which will ask you to install command-line tools, you don't need xCode
download qbittorrent source

after running `brew doctor` now you are ready to brew

`brew install qt4-mac libtorrent-rasterbar`
now in your qbittorrent source folder
edit the file `macxconf.pri` change all the occurrences of `opt` to `usr`
download geoip.dat and extract it to src/geoip, to get country flags
while you in qBittorrent source folder now execute the following:
`qmake qbittorrent.pro`
`make`  <- if you want it to be faster use `-j4` or `-j2` to get threaded compiling, to dodge errors use `make` alone.
macdeployqt src/qbittorrent.app -dmg

now go to src/ and look for qbittorrent.dmg, congrats this is your compiled version.