qBittorrent 3.1.9.1 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
n1g2t3s4

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.9 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

Post by n1g2t3s4 »

Whenever I add a magnet link, it doesn't start. No tracker info and file size do not show up. The seeds and peers columns stay at 0. I need to quit and relaunch for all that info to update and the download to start. This doesn't seem to happen with simple .torrent files
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

With a magnet you HAVE to wait for the metadata to load, with a .torrent the metadata is in the file.
n1g2t3s4

Post by n1g2t3s4 »

I've left it on for the whole day while at work. Coming back, it is still sitting with no metadata. If I restart qbittorrent, or sometimes I have to restart my whole mac, the metadata refreshes as soon as qbittorrent launches.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

You need to let it wait at the loading dialogue, and if there are no peers with available upload slots it will take some time.

libtorrent seems to have caught the uTorrent/BitTorrent magnet problem with magnets taking a long time to load.
littletree76

Post by littletree76 »

[quote="pyed"]
@littletree76 sorry I'm too late, but here's How I compile qBittorrent:

Install Homebrew which will ask you to install command-line tools, you don't need xCode
download qbittorrent source

after running `brew doctor` now you are ready to brew

`brew install qt4-mac libtorrent-rasterbar`
now in your qbittorrent source folder
edit the file `macxconf.pri` change all the occurrences of `opt` to `usr`
download geoip.dat and extract it to src/geoip, to get country flags
while you in qBittorrent source folder now execute the following:
`qmake qbittorrent.pro`
`make`  <- if you want it to be faster use `-j4` or `-j2` to get threaded compiling, to dodge errors use `make` alone.
macdeployqt src/qbittorrent.app -dmg

now go to src/ and look for qbittorrent.dmg, congrats this is your compiled version.
[/quote]

Thank you for the reply, procedure is the same as what I have done with Homebrew Unix package manager initially. I have started a new thread in this forum with tittle "Compiling latest qBittorrent with MacPorts package manager" and moved all my posts related to MacPorts from this thread to the new thread. Feel free to try out my built on your Mac platform (downloadable from link provided in the new thread) and let me know any issue encountered to confirm working condition of the build. I have yet to unify package versions between Windows version and Mac version of latest qBittorrent build which require patching of Unix packages supplied by MacPorts.

http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,2501.0.html
n1g2t3s4

Post by n1g2t3s4 »

After turning on the download dialog, I've been having good luck with torrents starting pretty much immediately. Yesterday the problem returned where the torrents metadata won't populate and simply won't start unless I restarted the client or restarted my mac. This is with that dialog on or off.

Once the client is restarted, the metadata immediately populates and download starts.
The-Doctor

Post by The-Doctor »

Been running qBittorrent 3.1.9 on OS X Lion.  The biggest issue is that it crashes repeatedly and predictably when downloading new torrents.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Okay if it is predictable, what are the conditions.
The-Doctor

Post by The-Doctor »

When ever the client is downloading a piece of a file.  The client will crash with no log or any details.  After relaunching the client, the download will start up again, and the client will crash. 

Rebooting my computer, router, etc has no effect. 

In case you're wondering, v3.0.9 works for me.
ignas2526

Post by ignas2526 »

Downloaded and installed 3.19 on Mac Os X 10.9.2. So far everything works fine. It did show triangle regarding restarting, but only once, and I was moving about 200 torrents from uTorrent all at once, so it might have caused some issues.
All in all, I find qBittorrent be a lot better than uTorrent, especially since I can rename the torrents. Finally I can get rid of those cryptic names.
Awesome work!

Edit: would you consider adding qBittorrent to MacPorts? That would make whole getting latest version and compiling a lot easier.
Nick Korotysh

Post by Nick Korotysh »

Thanks for great work. I found qBittorrent when became Linux user and using it more then 4 years. Now I bought MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) and download qBittorrent 3.1.9. I added 2 torrents to queue (~5 Gb total) and it crashed after ~20 min work. It crashed again after program restart.
I downloaded version 3.1.8 and try download same torrents - there is no this issue.
I noticed that there is no tray icon (and impossible to enable it in settings, checkbox is unavailable). Is it can be fixed?

I have OS X 10.9.2 installed.

I would like to help to debug crashes, but I new Mac user (but I'am c++ linux programmer and know Qt). If you talk to me what you needed for debugging (core file for example) and how to get it on Mac, I'll reproduce this crash and get needed info.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="Nick Korotysh"]
Thanks for great work. I found qBittorrent when became Linux user and using it more then 4 years. Now I bought MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) and download qBittorrent 3.1.9. I added 2 torrents to queue (~5 Gb total) and it crashed after ~20 min work. It crashed again after program restart.
I downloaded version 3.1.8 and try download same torrents - there is no this issue.
I noticed that there is no tray icon (and impossible to enable it in settings, checkbox is unavailable). Is it can be fixed?

I have OS X 10.9.2 installed.

I would like to help to debug crashes, but I new Mac user (but I'am c++ linux programmer and know Qt). If you talk to me what you needed for debugging (core file for example) and how to get it on Mac, I'll reproduce this crash and get needed info.
[/quote]

Can you test littletree76's build? ->http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topi ... l#msg10299

As for the tray issue, this is the relevant code that enables/disables the checkbox:

Code: Select all

// Disable systray integration if it is not supported by the system
#ifndef Q_WS_MAC
  if (!QSystemTrayIcon::isSystemTrayAvailable()) {
#endif
    checkShowSystray->setChecked(false);
    checkShowSystray->setEnabled(false);
#ifndef Q_WS_MAC
  }
#endif
I have no idea why the original author chose to blindly disable it on MAC. Maybe this is against MAC gui guidelines? Maybe older qt versions had bugs with it? I don't know.
If pyed or littletree76 have time to do compilation/troubleshoot I can provide a patch that enables it.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

With git blame I found which commit introduced those lines. The commit message doesn't explain why this change was introduced.
Git commit 5f5382297ceb34a1ff9d09b0834d6b76f609170d
pyed

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.9.1 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

Post by pyed »

almost 600 people downloaded 3.1.9 version, now 3.1.9.1 is out Heartbleed.com free, Download: http://bit.ly/qBittorrent3191

env:
  • Qt: stable 4.8.5
  • boost: stable 1.55.0
  • libtorrent: stable 0.16.16
Last edited by pyed on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.9.1 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

Post by Nemo »

A new build will replace 3.1.9.1, see here: http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,2548.msg10760.html#msg10760.

Thanks for your efforts though :).