qBittorrent 3.1.9.1 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.9.1 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="Nemo"]
A new build will replace 3.1.9.1, see here: http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,2548.msg10760.html#msg10760.

Thanks for your efforts though :).
[/quote]

3.1.9.1 for MAC should be ok, since my problem is located in libtorrent from svn. I doubt that they used libtorrent svn(although the 0.16.16 might contain the offending svn commit). I am in the process of locating which commit caused that bug.
Nick Korotysh

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.9 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

Post by Nick Korotysh »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="Nick Korotysh"]
Thanks for great work. I found qBittorrent when became Linux user and using it more then 4 years. Now I bought MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) and download qBittorrent 3.1.9. I added 2 torrents to queue (~5 Gb total) and it crashed after ~20 min work. It crashed again after program restart.
I downloaded version 3.1.8 and try download same torrents - there is no this issue.
I noticed that there is no tray icon (and impossible to enable it in settings, checkbox is unavailable). Is it can be fixed?

I have OS X 10.9.2 installed.

I would like to help to debug crashes, but I new Mac user (but I'am c++ linux programmer and know Qt). If you talk to me what you needed for debugging (core file for example) and how to get it on Mac, I'll reproduce this crash and get needed info.
[/quote]

Can you test littletree76's build? ->http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topi ... l#msg10299

As for the tray issue, this is the relevant code that enables/disables the checkbox:

Code: Select all

// Disable systray integration if it is not supported by the system
#ifndef Q_WS_MAC
  if (!QSystemTrayIcon::isSystemTrayAvailable()) {
#endif
    checkShowSystray->setChecked(false);
    checkShowSystray->setEnabled(false);
#ifndef Q_WS_MAC
  }
#endif
I have no idea why the original author chose to blindly disable it on MAC. Maybe this is against MAC gui guidelines? Maybe older qt versions had bugs with it? I don't know.
If pyed or littletree76 have time to do compilation/troubleshoot I can provide a patch that enables it.
[/quote]

I tried provided build, result the same: there is no tray icon.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.9 for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

[quote="Nick Korotysh"]
[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="Nick Korotysh"]
Thanks for great work. I found qBittorrent when became Linux user and using it more then 4 years. Now I bought MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) and download qBittorrent 3.1.9. I added 2 torrents to queue (~5 Gb total) and it crashed after ~20 min work. It crashed again after program restart.
I downloaded version 3.1.8 and try download same torrents - there is no this issue.
I noticed that there is no tray icon (and impossible to enable it in settings, checkbox is unavailable). Is it can be fixed?

I have OS X 10.9.2 installed.

I would like to help to debug crashes, but I new Mac user (but I'am c++ linux programmer and know Qt). If you talk to me what you needed for debugging (core file for example) and how to get it on Mac, I'll reproduce this crash and get needed info.
[/quote]

Can you test littletree76's build? ->http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topi ... l#msg10299

As for the tray issue, this is the relevant code that enables/disables the checkbox:

Code: Select all

// Disable systray integration if it is not supported by the system
#ifndef Q_WS_MAC
  if (!QSystemTrayIcon::isSystemTrayAvailable()) {
#endif
    checkShowSystray->setChecked(false);
    checkShowSystray->setEnabled(false);
#ifndef Q_WS_MAC
  }
#endif
I have no idea why the original author chose to blindly disable it on MAC. Maybe this is against MAC gui guidelines? Maybe older qt versions had bugs with it? I don't know.
If pyed or littletree76 have time to do compilation/troubleshoot I can provide a patch that enables it.
[/quote]

I tried provided build, result the same: there is no tray icon.
[/quote]

I didn't make a change to the code, so the tray is still disabled for MAC.
I am asking you,pyed,littletree76 is any reason to not enable the tray icon?
If not, I'll push a patch to enable it for the next release.
n1g2t3s4

Post by n1g2t3s4 »

It seems strange but after disabling UPnP on a couple of ipcams, I have not had the issue of download metadata not being updated and downloads not startin. I've always had UPnP off on my router and in the qbittorrent option screen. I had to turn off UPnP on the ip cameras because they were apparently interfering with video playback on my WD TV Live (spinning arrow of death symptom).
MackTheKnife

Post by MackTheKnife »

Trying to find the latest version is like wading through a quagmire of molasses. I don't understand why there just can't be a link on the page http://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php with a link to the file. Not a very effective way to get people to use software don't you think?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="MackTheKnife"]
Trying to find the latest version is like wading through a quagmire of molasses. I don't understand why there just can't be a link on the page http://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php with a link to the file. Not a very effective way to get people to use software don't you think?
[/quote]

Here is the latest version: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45qkagvurvxh3tp/UX0Ni-BVK3
I'll upload 3.1.11 to sourceforge.net, but for now the dropbox link should do it for 3.1.10
9pigs

Re: qBittorrent 3.1.10. for Mac, compiled and ready to use.

Post by 9pigs »

;D Thanks to sledgehammer_999 (from someone who is a bit too short in wherewithal to compile)!
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator