Which file to download for qbittorrent?

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
dragonwing

Which file to download for qbittorrent?

Post by dragonwing »

Hello,

I am new to the MAC platform and I am a bit confused as to which files I should download to install the latest version of qBittorrent. That dropbox link contains a folder called "Yosemite" and then another file inside that folder that ends with "3_1_x.dmg" - is that the file I should download and install? And any reason why it is "x" instead of the actual "version"?

I am confused, sorry.

I kind of expected the main site to offer a download link the main version, and then the application would automatically get updated without my intervention. It is much harder to track releases if I have to keep searching this forum. At least you can update the main post (first post) of this thread with the latest link and version?

Please don't get me wrong. I am grateful for all the effort being put by the developers. Just curious is all.
Last edited by dragonwing on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Which file to download for qbittorrent?

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

"3_1_x.dmg" this file used the latest code available from the stable branch of qbittorrent at the time of compilation. (after v3.1.10 release but before v3.1.11).

I have PM'd the original builder(you posted to another builder's thread) aka littletree76 and he should upload v3.1.11 somtime the next days.
When it does, I'll linked to it from the main page too.
dragonwing

Re: Which file to download for qbittorrent?

Post by dragonwing »

Thank you very much for your fast response.

So I will be waiting for the download link to v3.1.11 on the main page. Can't wait to try downloading torrents on my new mac!

Cheers again.