Forgotten password for Qbittorrent web on ReadyNAS

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Luke

Forgotten password for Qbittorrent web on ReadyNAS

Post by Luke »

Hello there,

System setup: I have a ReadyNAS104 running firmware 6.1.9. Have installed the Qbittorrent Client 'app' (version 1.0.3) onto the NAS. I use a MacBook Pro OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) to access my NAS and Qbittorrent on Safari (v8.0).

Problem: I changed the default password to something I would remember, but alas, I did not remember it. Is there a way to reset Qbittorrent back to its original settings? 

I have tried the following things multiple times:

1. Turning the app of and then on again
2. Uninstalling the app and then reinstalling the app
3. Rebooting the NAS.
4. Contacting Netgear support. They provided no help and directed me to here.

I have not tried restoring the NAS to factory default settings as I consider this to be a last resort.

Is there anyone out there who is able to provide any form of advice or support?
ciaobaby

Re: Forgotten password for Qbittorrent web on ReadyNAS

Post by ciaobaby »

qbt 1.0.3 is ancient and totally unsupported at these forums. Current version is 3.1.x and it's highly unlikely that anyone even remembers using v 1.x
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

In the NAS dirs search for a file named qbittorrent.ini or qbittorrent.conf in your home dir and delete it. -assuming your NAS runs a linux distro-
Luke

Post by Luke »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
qbt 1.0.3 is ancient and totally unsupported at these forums. Current version is 3.1.x and it's highly unlikely that anyone even remembers using v 1.x
[/quote]

Hi Ciaobaby, yer I did read that somewhere on here. Unfortunately 1.0.3 is the version that is available on the ReadyNAS 'app store' thing. Which is very very disappointing. Thanks anyway!!
Luke

Post by Luke »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
In the NAS dirs search for a file named qbittorrent.ini or qbittorrent.conf in your home dir and delete it. -assuming your NAS runs a linux distro-
[/quote]

Hi Sledgehammer, Thanks for your help. Unfortunately when I look in the Qbittorrent folder on my NAS, the only thing that appears is an empty 'temp' folder. I'm thinking I'm going to just have to find a different torrenting program for the NAS. thanks though!