Qbittorrent

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
aishsri

Qbittorrent

Post by aishsri »

Hi,
I just did download the qbittorrent and when i try opening the same from the applications folder,it opens up on my main screen,but the beach ball starts rounding in my mac book pro(Yosemite)...
I tried doing a force quit since the beach ball does not stop or go and the try opening it again,but still the same issue persists...
Where am i going wrong or what should i be doing to rectify this issue?.
I have to admit that i am not a computer expert and any solutions you may offer,please give me a step by step method of doing the same and do not presume i would know anything...please my apologies for the same.
Also please let me know how do i speed up the downloads if i can?,
Awaiting your reply.

Thanks
aishsri
ps: I am running the 10.10.2 yosemite version
Qbittorrent Version: 3.1.12
Last edited by aishsri on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Qbittorrent

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

How do you connect to the internet? Do you tether your phone/tablet? If yes, try disabling the tether before launching qbt.
aishsri

Post by aishsri »

I am using  my Mac book pro and get connected wireless through the modem placed in the same room.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Try disabling the internet connection from your Mac regardless of the type of connection.
Also are you using qbt v3.1.12?
aishsri

Post by aishsri »

I don't get this!. You mean every time i want to open the qbittorrent i should turn wi-fi off and then open?.Ok ,so after that you mean i can turn on the wi-fi?...But why?,has this qbittorrent got a problem?.That no body can open the qbittorent without turning off the wi-fi?..I am using version 3.1.12 qbittorrent.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

No. I am trying to help you to identify the problem. Some users experienced problems where their router was shitty and hanged qbt.
So just disable your wi-fi and launch qbt. Does it launch now?
aishsri

Post by aishsri »

Hi,Please do not mistake me. I am very appreciative for all your help and assistance,but was only wondering why is that qbittorrent has got a problem like this and i have just downloaded this bittorrent and problems from the first opening itself.

Ok,now i turned my wi-fi off and tried opening the qbittorrent,and it says quitting and i get a report and this repeats a few times.

By luck sometimes it opens when the wi-fi is on and stays without the beach ball rotation,that means its fine and may not get stuck,but if the beach ball comes and it never stops and i will have to forcequit and try opening again and again...there again the  same procedure till by luck as i said before it stays without the beach ball.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Can you post the contents of the report? It will probably give hints on why it hangs...
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Copy and paste the text, please.