Mac 3.2 Not Finding Seeds

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
molonlabe

Mac 3.2 Not Finding Seeds

Post by molonlabe »

Updated to 3.2 yesterday and since then no torrent works. They will load into QB but will never connect to any seeds. Some of these torrents have thousand of seeders but QB doesn't download anything. Yet if I copy the same magnet link into uTorrent, it'll download. It just says "downloading" but never has seeders or peers.

I posted over in the "bugs" section, they sent me here and told me to post the information from https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... ed'-issues

Attached is screenshot of what I see in QB and my speedtest.
Mac 10.10.3
QB 3.2.0

I don't see anything labeled half-open connection value
don't see anything uTP
Don't see anything rate limiting uTP

I do have 'prefer encryption'
and I have DHT, PeX, and Local Peer boxes checked
there is no Help -> About ->
Connection status: No direct connections
no proxy or vpn

User profile
download more than seed
tasks? like downloads? 3-4
Yes, its my PC, email,web, airplay
Yes, other users on LAN, but problem exists when I'm home alone

I hope this gives you enough information. All the settings in 3.2 QB are the same as they were before I updated yesterday I believe, I know the source destinations are the same. And the previous version of QB worked great, but i had issues with the RSS feeds not working so i was directed to update to 3.2.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 11.12.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 11.07.50 AM.png
Last edited by molonlabe on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
molonlabe

Re: Mac 3.2 Not Finding Seeds

Post by molonlabe »

Update:

I downgraded to an older version, i tried a couple older ones, then 3.1.3 worked. The speed is very sad, 500kb/s on something that is a front page kickass link (so like 11000 seeds and i'm connected to 62) but at least it is working. RSS still doesn't work.

Why would 3.2 not work but 3.1.3 work?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Your first screen shot shows tasks for which your client has no metadata, so will probably never start regardless of anything else.
molonlabe

Post by molonlabe »

Thanks ciaobaby, but i'm not the most well versed, I understand a little bit about metadata so Idk if this will help but no matter what torrent I input the results are the same. I can magnet the top five on kickass and the same thing as my screenshot happens.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

It does not matter how many peers the trackers report, it is how many peers are 'on line' and connectable that matters, also if you do not wait at the loading dialogue for the metadata fields to be populated, pressing [OK] means the task is subject to the client queue and rate limits, whereas the "Add new torrent" dialogue it is not.

As to why 3.2.0 and 3.1.x differ, the answer to that is "the libtorrent library version"
molonlabe

Post by molonlabe »

I understand it isn't the potential of peers it is about who actually I connect to, I mention the top kickass to show that it was some unknown file that has next to no seeders. These are files that have thousands to attempt to connect too.

Nevertheless, QB isn't working, i've been using it for a few months and it ran perfect (aside from rss) and after updating it didn't run correctly. I didn't alter how I used the product. My use stayed the same, the application changed.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Nevertheless, QB isn't working, i've been using it for a few months and it ran perfect (aside from rss) and after updating it didn't run correctly. I didn't alter how I used the product. My use stayed the same, the application changed.
Okay,  so to find out what changed and where the problem lies we need as much information as possible regatding your system set up.
molonlabe

Post by molonlabe »

Besides what I already posted up top, what will help?

Thanks
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Anything that is different.

For example, .. Have you fixed this problem?

"Connection status: No direct connections"
molonlabe

Post by molonlabe »

Thats just it, I can't see any differences. All the settings are the same.

I download a link and it doesn't work. Delete the link. install older QB and download the previous link and it'll download just fine.
ignas2526

Post by ignas2526 »

I'm experiencing issues with qBittorrent 3.2.0 on my mac too. For some reason, it doesn't want to download or upload any content of the torrents. The connection status is green. It doesn't show any peers in DHT, PeX and LSD in any active torrents. As for trackers, it shows Not Connected for each one of them and when manually click on reannounce it does nothing. I left it for about 5 hours, and it didn't download a single byte. I switched back to 3.1.12. Immediately, everything started to work.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

it shows Not Connected for each one of them and when manually click
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... tacted_yet
ignas2526

Post by ignas2526 »

ciaobaby wrote:
it shows Not Connected for each one of them and when manually click
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... tacted_yet
Thanks, but that's not the case. I tried ticking that box to announce to all trackers and I've tried without it, none of the trackers work, it says "Not Connected" for all of them, in every active torrent I have.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

"Not Connected" or "Not Contacted"?
ignas2526

Post by ignas2526 »

Ok... I've tried to run qBittorrent 3.2.0 again.
The status of the trackers for all active torrents is indeed the "Not contacted yet", while the status for DHT, PeX and LSD is "Working". DHT: 0 nodes; Connection status: Online.

Before I launched 3.2.0, I had one torrent almost done downloading. 3.2.0 did continue to download it, showing same number of PeX peers as in 3.1.12. All the trackers had status "Not contacted yet" and DHT and LSD had 0 peers.

While in 3.2.0, I've added a magnet link of Ubuntu with about 4,000 seeds. The status for trackers was "Not contacted yet"; status of DHT, PeX and LSD was "Working", however, after 10 minutes still not a single peer. It also seems that qBittorrent never downloaded the torrent, since nothing had appeared in the contents. Closed 3.2.0 and opened 3.1.12. qBittorrent immediately connected to all the trackets, not a single one with "Not contacted yet"; DHT, PeX now have peers, and DHT has 100 nodes. qBittorrent 3.1.12 downloaded Ubuntu perfectly.
Last edited by ignas2526 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.