Revalidate data leads to connection

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Silizium

Revalidate data leads to connection

Post by Silizium »

Hello,
I discovered that, when I saw torrents staled for hours. So I revalidated the data and surprisingly peers to download came back. I don't think the data was corrupted 'cause I didn't manipulate anything in the involved torrent or data. To force connect the trackers didn't solve this issue but to revalidate did. Thats not the way it should be. No?
bols59

Re: Revalidate data leads to connection

Post by bols59 »

How do you revalidate the data?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Are peers and seeds being banned or snubbed?
Turning on qBitTorrent's logger might reveal that at its highest settings...

If peers/seeds are being banned, the ban list might be stored inside qBitTorrent's qBitTorrent.ini settings file...
Stopping qBT, removing the ban list, and restarting qBT might have the same effect without having to readd the torrent/s.
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="Silizium"]
Hello,
I discovered that, when I saw torrents staled for hours. So I revalidated the data and surprisingly peers to download came back. I don't think the data was corrupted 'cause I didn't manipulate anything in the involved torrent or data. To force connect the trackers didn't solve this issue but to revalidate did. Thats not the way it should be. No?
[/quote]

It is if the torrent is errored.

Revalidating involves stopping and starting the torrent.
Its possible you were connected to a bunch of "false" peers (utorrent clients set to pause for example) which maxed your connection limits out.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

[quote="Silizium"]
Hello,
[/quote]

There are fake clients, cheater clients, bugged clients, tracker clients.
I always re-check my torrents.
(A graceful slow recheck is the default behaviour in Vuze and rtorrent.)