[SOLVED] qbt 3.3.10 no longer working

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
boombass

[SOLVED] qbt 3.3.10 no longer working

Post by boombass »

I've been using qBittorrent for about a year now. I've got it set up to connect through a VPN using SOCKS5, and it's been working very well for all that time. About a week or two weeks ago it stopped working. Downloads are forever stalled, and when I look at the Trackers tab, it shows that they are all not working.

Both Transmission and Deluge are working, so I don't think it's a network or macOS problem (running macOS Sierra 10.12.2).

I like qBittorrent because it allows me to download torrents through my VPN without turning my VPN on system wide.

So, it was working just fine a couple of weeks ago, and now it is not. I can't see anything which has changed on my end. Same version of macOS, same version of qBittorrent. Downloads are stalled, and trackers are not working.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

EDIT:
I have been using Private Internet Access, running through the NL proxy server, and that stopped working. Just now I tried NordVPN and it is working, just like PIA used to work. Is PIA to blame?
Last edited by boombass on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qbt 3.3.10 no longer working, but it's been working fine up until a week ago

Post by Peter »

I have also had a connection error with PIA recently, but after restarting qB, the problem went away.
Maybe it was temporary?
boombass

Re: qbt 3.3.10 no longer working, but it's been working fine up until a week ago

Post by boombass »

@Peter, are you connecting through the PIA proxy proxy-nl.privateinternetaccess.com?

I'm starting to think that the proxy is not working at the moment.
9pigs

Post by 9pigs »

[quote="boombass"]

I like qBittorrent because it allows me to download torrents through my VPN without turning my VPN on system wide.

[/quote]
8)
  How do you do that? Couldn't find it in the docs
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

@9pigs: By using SOCKS5 proxy. Some people received emails when they used SOCKS5 though, so be careful.
(Don't know how, it should not happen, it was on Reddit or some other site. Just saying.)

@Boombass: Yeah it was their proxy, but they fixed it pretty fast.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Proxy leaking original ip address!    http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=54322
May be a case of BT clients trying to be "helpful" and passing along the discovered local IPv4 address in a PEX message or similar.
Or informing the tracker/s of their local IPv4 address...

Network interface bind not respected for tracker announces:    https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/6198

Deluge and qBT aren't the only BT clients that leak local IPv4 when using a proxy or VPN:  https://forum.tixati.com/support/3069/  and  https://forum.tixati.com/support/3048/
boombass

Post by boombass »

@Peter: It wasn't working for me for the longest time, but this morning I tried regenerating the SOCKS5 password on my account page, and now it is! It took me a long time to think to try that. Happy now!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

[quote="Switeck"]...[/quote]

Yeah... even uTorrent users got into trouble.
But hey, VPN is just way too crippling.
(Adds delay, internet slows down, packet loss, can't use Google, etc.)

Btw WebRTC only affects your browser. Luckily.